[GIG] 06.03.2007 Get In The Ring, Hammersmith Palais - London, UK

I got tickets using the Deathstars password as when I was in London the Turisas password had not been released. Will this matter? Or are people going to be split up into sections / corners depending on the tickets?

My tickets are white with red text, not sure if this is universal?

clarification would be nice :) Dont wanna turn up in war paint and have to stand besides the Deathstars crew :D

I got tickets using the Deathstars password as when I was in London the Turisas password had not been released. Will this matter? Or are people going to be split up into sections / corners depending on the tickets?
My tickets are white with red text, not sure if this is universal?
clarification would be nice :) Dont wanna turn up in war paint and have to stand besides the Deathstars crew :D
Nah, don't worry - they're all the same. What you have done is taken a Deathstars fan's place, leaving 2 more spaces for Turisas fans! Damn, why didn't we think of this earlier? Instead of waiting for the word, we could've spyed in other forums, used their passwords & ticket allocations, infiltrated & conquered! :heh:

Attention, this just in from the label:

As you know, sadly the TURISAS show at the Scala on 8th March has had to be postponed but Century Media would like to offer any ticket holders FREE tickets to see TURISAS play at Metal Hammer magazine's 'Get In The Ring' show at London's Hammersmith Palais on Tuesday 6 th March – that's right … totally free and you don't even have to go to the London Astoria to pick them up! Email us at turisas@centurymedia.net with your name and address and we'll send the tickets to you.

Don't miss out there are a limited number of tickets available to see Turisas battle it out against Deathstars, Breed 77 & Zico Chain .. and you might even get to be on TV.

EDIT: Nevermind. Rang the Astoria and apparently theyve ripped everyones tickets out the booklet like that so there shouldn't be any problems. See you there, bought my war paint and everything!

ok, gotta question for people with tickets.

Have you got a ticket stub/bit you rip off on yours? Because I got tickets from the astoria box office which the woman must have torn the stub off, but my friend got tickets sent to her from century media and she does NOT have that end part ripped off.

So now I'm worried I'm gonna turn up and the person on the door say my ticket is void, which would suck :mad: . But if everyones tickets are like that then I take it i'll have nothing to worry about.. I dont really know whos best to ask about it, the venue, metalhammer people or who?

That was awesome! I was pleasently suprised by all the bands actually, but I think Turisas were the best, then Breed77 or Deathstars, can't really decide, and then Zico Chain.

Rasputin and one more. Thats all i wanted. But a new freak track, 0.0, that was just awesome, and of course battle metal, but thats a given to be played really.

Zico were utterly appauling, as i was expecting, and the oozed pretentiousness like the tools they are!(rofl). Heard one breed song, but i already know of breed and have a strong dislike for them and we left after the 1st song of breed.
I'm sure deathstars put on a show but they are too similar to many other bands in their genre hence i wasnt too fussed to see them.

I have no idea what the outcome of last night was, but i will say one thing WTF was with that 'pint', lol.
Twas nout' but head, haha.

Bloody amaising set!, my arms still hurt and my throat is raw, hazarr, :).

-e

Yeah, fun wasn't it! Good to meet some of you too, tho' I'm not sure which ones you were. (I was the small Squirrel in the Amorphis shirt.) Did anything interesting happen after Deathstars? Can't stand them so we left during their set.....

You didn't miss much after Deathstars. The judges were asked for their vote for best act of the evening and the woman from Rockworld unbelievably went for The Zico Chain to boos almost all round. The other 2 judges went for Turisas however so it turned out alright! It didn't count for anything though as it's all about the phone vote later. Turisas weren't given any sort of prize on the night.

Thought they were great last night and a real bonus hearing a new song. Can't wait for the album. I was prepared to tolerate The Zico Chain but the guy really pissed me off when he started slagging Turisas off. I think he knew he was up against it! Didn't like Breed 77 much but don't mind Deathstars, although nothing they do is original. All in all it was a good laugh and went part of the way to making up for the cancelled Scala gig.

I was prepared to tolerate The Zico Chain but the guy really pissed me off when he started slagging Turisas off. I think he knew he was up against it!

you know, that pissed me off too. 'well we dont have swords or anything', blah, no, but you do have 14 year old groupies dont you, fucking pedos (sorry, this really bugged me, one of the band members was near us after turisas were on flirting with some 14/15 year old looking girls and then invited them 'upstairs for drinks', heh. not cool!)

The female bint of a judge was very irritating also. I wont go into that though as i am trying to avoid profanity a bit more these days, :).

Was a bloody riot though, fucking awesome show, :).

-e

ah yes, thats something i wanted to ask everyone, has anyone ever seen lisko wearing shoes?, noticed he wasnt again yesterday, made me laugh my ass off, the crazy crazy legend, :).

Turisas were great but Nygard accidentally messed up the final verse in 'One More' but eh... Performance was still great and they obviously deserved the victory. I was hoping we'd get 'As Torches Rise' but I suppose such a small set doesn't leave for much room. Also can anyone remember what the new song was called? '*something* Beyond *something'. It was pretty good actually. You could hear the maturity in the sound.

Zico Chain were terrible. As were Breed 77. Deathstars were better than I expected! So amazing how their sound is completely identical to their recorded counterparts.

Hahaha, at the zico chain guy and guitar throwing, the ultimate act of rock....

I wonder if the footage will be any good. The other stuff I've seen on the channel isn't that great. Maybe xfm supplied someone that knows what they're doing with sound. Production manager amused me as well with his empty threat of claiming that if their cameras were damaged it's your responsibility. Have they not heard of insurance?

Anyway, I enjoyed it. Wondering what the new song was called, or more the first half of it, sounds like this