Turkish tour pictures

Morticia NL.

Orphaned sister
Hello I am back- too much partying and not enough sleep confined me to my bed for a couple of days.
So here are the first of the pictures of the tour. Most of them will be added to the Disciples pages and the more personal I will post in this forum.

P(28).jpg

P(4).jpg

Site on the road from Ankara to Istanbul
P(29).jpg

P.jpg

Typical Turkish roadsign???
P(27).jpg

Flying over Istanbul
P(12).jpg

P(24).jpg

P(22).jpg

Wow, great pics. So where are the pics of the nudie bar? Every new city I go to, I always make sure to take a picture of a strip club and inside one too.:)

wow, perfect photography! it's very exciting to see the places i'm living in from your point of view.
that guy with the medals.. i've seen him a couple of times in taksim. whenever someone wants to take his photo he stands just like that :)
btw that writing on the gravestone must be in ottoman which is a mixture of turkish, arabic and persian so that's why it resembles persian i guess. it's probably a woman's tombstone. ottoman tombstones are all pretty artistic. every kind of people in the society had different tombstones. soldiers, people from different religious paths, princesses, other important women etc. they all have different types of tombstones. for example women's tombstones are usually gentle, beautiful, with flowers and such like the one in your photo. people of earthly pleasures have tombstones like a nargile, while the "melami" derwishes, who abstain from all earthly things have very simply built, blank stones. so old graveyards are usually like a sculpture gallery. unfortunately most of such graveyards are partly or completely destroyed but some still remain beautifully in places like eyüp.

great pics, Nathalie....
thanx for sharing....
always when i see pics of Turkey I get angry of myself, cause I have never had the chance to be there, although it is so near!

next time!

Thanks for the explanation Unconcious. I was staying at Darias place, she lives on the Asian side of the city where some beautiful untouched places can be found. Istanbul is one of the best cities for photography I have ever seen. I said to a friend of mine that I could walk with my camera for a month and still find new places to take pictures of.

Eran, you would love Turkey! The people are very friendly, the food is delicious and they even have my fave dish "menemen"which is kinda like the shakshuka I eat in Israel.
I was lucky, because we drove a bus from Istanbul to Ankara and back and this way I could really enjoy the landscape. You know we don't have mountains in Holland and so I always enjoy that site the most. Along the way there were places with small restaurants and little markets. From the way people stared at my hair sometimes I got the idea this is not a place were a lot of tourists go- driving that road I mean. I think most woulld just take a flight.

But enoughof my bla bla, we have pictures of the band waiting for you in the fanclub pages. Check them out!

This one is for- you know who (-:
Yossi_ring.jpg

Some of us were smoking a nargile in Ankara
Shlomit.jpg

Tha posse
T(10).jpg

Saying goodbye at the airport. I was lucky and stayed a couple of extra days to spend with my friends
T(45).jpg

Matti supporting the Disciples- in fact the whole band where wearing their fanclub shirts- thanks guys
T(39).jpg

SURPRISE! Betul- was there to do the bellydancing on stage. She is from Germany.
T(28).jpg

- this is what the band is about!
T(49).jpg

Hookahs are the best! I even brought mine to school when time when I was in high school.
I remember I used to make shakshuka when I was younger. I haven't had that in years.
While I cannot see the whole belly dancer, from what i can tell she doesn't look fat.

my beautiful home...
great pictures nathalie thanks to you
and you (all of you) look had a great time in turkey ;)
thanks a lot :)

Great pictures Nathalie. And happy to hear that you had good time here : )

Well, maybe, as you said, it could bother you that people were looking you but how to say, maybe it was just for you seem a bit diffrent. Last week, i had a chinese guest from malaysia. Especially in the district where do i live (kartal), there are not many foreigners and people were looking him too. It was sometimes weird that even in Taksim, people were saying pointless phrases like "konichiwa" or "made in japan" etc. even he was chinese.

whatever, cheers
greetings to the land of windmills, big black & white cows which makes jalous anatolian brown cows, grasses and joints :D

Ofcourse people look at you when you look a bit different. But never were people impolite so I don't mind. In fact old men in the streets would smile and wave friendly.
I told you about the bellydancer. I will put up more pictures when the cd from Turkey arrives. See, I uploaded GB's of them onto Darias computer then forgot to take them home with me.

paradoxile said:
Is that Derya looking totally evil behind the belly dancer? I barely recognized her

i know, i know, i look terrific, well actually when i see it i'm scared of myself but this is what i am, please stop running away from me!:zombie:

Nathalie; i sent the picture CDs last week, please let me know when you get them safely ok?