Turning Season Within

Phoenix5

d3v4s7a710n
May 14, 2005
Nebraska
I know plenty of you have had this album for a long time, but here in the United States the official release was Tuesday. Truthfully, this album kills all of the other releases so far this year. I think we're talking something like best album of the last five years (imo). There is not a week moment on the album and Anders vocals have never been stronger. What a great release!

What are your opinions on this gem? Does anyone not like it?

Fine then, go listen to yer stereotypical fat goth chick opera metal! :p

I absolutely love Where Lovers Mourn and Arcane Rain Fell, and The Burning Halo was pretty decent too. However, after hearing samples from the new one, I'm less than impressed. No offense if you like it; I just can't get into it. I feel like it's missing something from the first two albums.

Arcane Rain Fell is definitely a great album and was my favorite, but truthfully, Turning Season Within destroys ARF for me.

I love Draconian. The new album is amazing and I think that it is an improvement over Arcane Rain Fell. I am sure it will end up among my top three releases of this year.

i never heard this album or the band, but the beauty and the beast kind of vocals actually never did it for me

It is a style that is hard to get right since there are a lot of things that can ruin it. Some bands have good music but either the male (Lacuna Coil), female (Dark Faces) or both (Dramatique) vocals suck, or it is the reverse (Darkwell, but there is just a female there).

Check the new Draconian, they do it right. I would say it is the best release in this genre since Veyond the Veil and World of Glass by Tristania and Velvet Darkness by Theatre of Tragedy. :headbang:

Yes, Draconian is about the only band with male/female vocals I can stand.

You can't stand Nightwish (with Tarja ofc)? While their male vox suck in some of their earlier songs, their male vocals arent that common and they do sort it out later on and i feel they deserve SOME credit for producing some good tracks with male and female vocals.

You can't stand Nightwish (with Tarja ofc)? While their male vox suck in some of their earlier songs, their male vocals arent that common and they do sort it out later on and i feel they deserve SOME credit for producing some good tracks with male and female vocals. Personally i prefere female vocals with my metal.

Nightwish might be some of the worst crap I have ever heard to be honest.
Reminds me of powermetal. Not my cup of shit.