Twilight of the Thunder God...

CeltandNord

New Metal Member
Apr 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Really starting to get excited for the new album. I'm kind of disappointed that I have to wait nearly two weeks more than fans in Europe, but nothing I can do about that.

My big question is what happened to a sequel to Hermod's Ride to Hel: Loke's Treachery Pt. 1? Is there going to be a sequel? Are they using a different name for it on the new album? Basically any info on whether or not it's getting recorded is appreciated. It was my favourite song on With Oden on our Side, but I haven't been able to find anything on the interwebs, nor searching through this forum.

I just held back on asking for fear of having missed something along the line and being labeled a total f'ing n00b. But my curiousity got the best of me...

When the band answered some of our questions on myspace HERE not too long ago these were their answers:

Q: Will the new album have "Loke's Treachery Part 2"?
Will the tale of Loki's Treachery be concluded? If not, will it be continued ; )? Hermod's Ride to Hell is one of the best songs of all time and I hope it is followed up in a similar fashion! Bill.
-Thanks. Unfortunately Loke's treachery part 2 will not be included in the album. We have the basic lyrics written but they way the songs came along we felt we didn't have a fitting song for it so it has got to wait.

Q: Hails! Will there be a sequel to "Hermod's Ride to Hel - Lokes Treachery Part I?" - Mad Dog [793]
-This was the most asked question by you guys, and unfortunately no. We have the lyrics and some ideas but nothing we came up with felt satisfying enough to make it to the Cd.

Xurek, thanks for the reply, it seems that they're going to be putting it in eventually. If not, I think they may have many a pissed off fan.

Joe_Forth, are you always such a troll?

True, I didn't expect it to actually come to fruition. I did not know if malice was intended, so I assumed it was implied. However this response proves different. Sorry for calling you a troll.

I hate when the interwebs completely fucks with the interpretation in regards to language.

I like the old-amon-amarth-styled artwork on the new album.
Fate of norns and with oden.. artworks were crappy, although Tängvide runestone motif was kind of cool

Im new to this band and i find it very cool. Im planning to buy the new album soon. What other albums would you recommend from them?

Im new to this band and i find it very cool. Im planning to buy the new album soon. What other albums would you recommend from them?

Well, I just can say the same as rouw. All of them are worth the money. And so is the DVD.

If you look for albums sounding more Twilight of the Thunder God then you should go first for the last albums(With Oden on our Side,Fate of Norns,Versus the World).

The first three are a little bit rougher but also full of those epic melodies.

Nothing more to say about that ;)

Question about the different versions being offered. Is there any way to get the 2CD/1DVD set without the bobbleheads in the US? I've tried Metal Blade on numerous occasions, but they seem to enjoy not answering my emails.

Any help would be appreciated.