Twilight of the Thunder God...

I will probably ge beheaded for this, but this album is weaker than the one before, but hey its amon amarth so it kicks ass anyway. I do see a cyclic pattern however.

VTW great album with kickass songs
FON not as good as the one before but with a really great title track
WOOUS another great album with kickass songs
TOTTG not as good as the one before but with a really great title track

I will probably ge beheaded for this, but this album is weaker than the one before, but hey its amon amarth so it kicks ass anyway. I do see a cyclic pattern however.

VTW great album with kickass songs
FON not as good as the one before but with a really great title track
WOOUS another great album with kickass songs
TOTTG not as good as the one before but with a really great title track
thats exactly as i see it. they all kick ass in there own way.

One thing is sure. AA is one of few metal bands that record after record can produce stacked albums and spoil us fans. Most bands managage to make 1-2 "hits" on their albums with the rest of the songs as fillers. AA rarely have fillers. I find maybe a bit more diversity on this record compared to earlier ones. On the next album i want Johan singing a duett with a sweetvoiced valkyria :cry:

On the next album i want Johan singing a duett with a sweetvoiced valkyria :cry:

that would be an interesting thing....though I'm not sure if this would really fit AA style.
But I do like some of the female guest on Dark Tranquillity Songs (so I'm used to stuff like that :lol:) and the guest appearances on TOTTG fit in very good (I had some doubts about that beforehand) so why not give it a try? ^^

seems like it must be compulsory to like dark tranquillity if you like amon amarth. which i do by the bucket full lol. nell's vocals on the mundane and the magic fit very well as do mikael stanne's clean vocals.

On the next album i want Johan singing a duett with a sweetvoiced valkyria :cry:

I NEVER want that to happen. Amon Amarth is medolic death metal, not Nightwish (I like Nightwish and all, but if I am in the mood to bang my head and scream I put on AA, if I am in the mood to sing..well then I put on Iced Earth, Black Label or Nightwish)

Amon Amarth is medolic death metal
yep. and i guess that's why i'm not quite confortable vith vocals on the new album, i guess. they're starting to sound more gore/grind-like.
And so far, the title song is the only one to have that authentic aa style, as i see it

Got the album yesterday and I fucking love it. I wasn't expecting much after hearing the two songs they released, but when you listen to the whole thing it all comes together. However, I don't think it's as good as With Oden on Our Side, but still, it's a very good album

Well TOTTG seems more liked on here then The Fathomless Mastery on the Bloodbath forum.
Seriously listen the TFM, it SLAYS

still waiting here for it to be released here in Australia. ah wells, the wait will be worth it!!!! i think it's released Oct 3 or 4 or something. not 100% sure. if i had a CC i would have pre-ordered. and as for paypal....fuck that, i don't understand that shit. lol.

i preordered from europe, i got it yesterday. album kicks ass and the summer breeze dvd is awesome. it is a little different from past albums though, i like how johans vocal style changes from album to album