Twilight of the Thunder God...

seems like it must be compulsory to like dark tranquillity if you like amon amarth. which i do by the bucket full lol. nell's vocals on the mundane and the magic fit very well as do mikael stanne's clean vocals.

yep...awesome somg. One of the best on Fiction imo (as if there were any bad ones ;)).

Nothing wrong with the new album. The first thing I noticed was how different Johan's voice is. Deeper and darker sounding than on With Oden On Our Side. Also the production is better sounding and the drums kick ass big time. This is motivational music man! !

:headbang: :worship:

It arrived! Yes! It's not supposed to be out for 5 more days so it's awesome that it's already here.
My comments on the album... I'm sorry but it's sort of disappointing. :( I mean it's good, but it's not great and it's most certainly a step down from With Oden on Our Side. I was disappointed to find that only two of the songs are original on AA's part and those are the title track and Live For the Kill. Really that's not even because of AA's creativity but because of their guests. Most of the songs use riffs that sound exactly like other songs on other albums only slightly modified (though with parts still intact) and different lyrics. I thought that the Pursuit of Vikings started up at one point and I was really confused... but no, it was, I think, Guardians of Asgard. I think that it's sort of like Animals after Wish You Were Here by Pink Floyd. WYWH was so good that even though Animals was a very good album, it paled in comparison. WOOOS was my WYWH for Amon Amarth, and this album is my Animals. I'd give it a 2.5/5 and WOOOS 4/5. The biggest improvement though, was Johan's vocals. MUCH better than on any other album.

Well I saw Helloween/Gamma Ray tonight

And I came home to Twilight of the Thunder God on my door step. I'll wait till Saturday to listen to it. I'm gonna rest my ears for a day.

It was a good day :)

Hey does anyone else think that Where is Your God? sounds like this song from Dethklok? The vocals at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well TOTTG seems more liked on here then The Fathomless Mastery on the Bloodbath forum.
Seriously listen the TFM, it SLAYS

I dunno, I'm not really liking it that much.. :erk:

As far as TOTTG on first listen I was kinda dissapointed but after listening to it about 30 times now I fucking love it. Every song is great, the title track is the only song I can't really get into but it's still good. The Hero is by far my favorite of the new songs, can't wait to windmill to that! :kickass:

Well, I just can say the same as rouw. All of them are worth the money. And so is the DVD.

If you look for albums sounding more Twilight of the Thunder God then you should go first for the last albums(With Oden on our Side,Fate of Norns,Versus the World).

The first three are a little bit rougher but also full of those epic melodies.

Nothing more to say about that ;)

Thanks. I've just bought "With Oden On Our Side" and "Versus The World" and i love em both! :headbang: