Twisted into Form. Sample song online!

ErikAa

New Metal Member
Apr 29, 2004
Twisted into Form have finalised the recording of their as yet untitled debut album. The band consists of Kaj Gornitzka (ex-Spiral Architect: guitars), Erik Aadland (bass), David Husvik (Extol: drums) and Leif J. Knashaug (Ex-Spiral Architect session: vocals). Recordings have taken place at Top Room Studio (Mayhem, Borknagar, Extol, etc) and Multimono Studio. The album is produced by the band and Asgeir Mickelson. Labels are currently approached in order to negotiate its release.

A sample song from the album has been made available at: www.twistedintoform.no

Twisted into Form

I think it ssounds more like windfall off the Architect-tree, as the ideas of their four-stringer are missing - but we'll see...good that it's not SymphoPowerMetal anyway:)

Funny how people will accept band after band that sounds like just another drop in the unoriginal sea. But then you get something that sounds to you like one band? One band that's not active at the moment. And this band has two previous members of original said band. I mean if there's anyone that can sound like Spiral, how about a genically spawned version of it? Plus, the elements that set Spiral apart from Twisted are Lars and Asgeir and also Øyvind. So yeah, they remind me of Spiral...old Spiral when Kaj and Leif were in the band. But honestly as much as they remind me of Spiral they don't sound like Spiral, because of the just stated reason. I remember when there were a lot of bands that supposedly sounded like Cynic after they brokeup, but did they really? Nah, just attempts to remind us of the huge influence they had on the musical world. Just like Spiral, they found something that only they can do, so when something comes along and hints of the style, I guess it's easy to say they are the same. But listen again, Twisted is really good at what they do, Spiral influenced? Sure. But not the same.
It's really good music I think. I hope the band can get the attention they deserve for their talent and enjoyable music. Keep it up guys! And let us know when the whole album is ready for us to own.
*I guess I can throw my opinion out on my own forum...right?*
Spread the word!!!
SKØL
SDG

I didn't know Spiral have called it quits - they've even made a statement some months ago that this is wouldn't not be the case... I only wonder what Kaj is doing...would be a shame to not hear him in a heavy context.

asgeir said:
And where did you read that we broke up?

- Asgeir

This forum is only bringing good surprises lately...

:OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG:

DID I READ THAT??

Asgeir, does this mean that you guys have anything ready to be recorded / released??

asgeir said:
And where did you read that we broke up?

- Asgeir

I thought so, as Steve told something about "Kaj and Leif leaving" (see a few lines above, but I'm glad if it's not so, of course!:p - Honestly, you are "the" band for me, and your album means a lot to me (man, was I lucky to finally get the Japanese version a few months ago...though I prefer the blue cover over the pink one. :D

Leif was a session vocalist on 2 songs back in 95 (uh, 10 years already...). Kaj left before the album was finished and was replaced by Andreas before the album actually came out.

We will very soon start compiling all the material (both left-overs and new) and start solving the puzzle that will become the next Spiral Architect album.

- Asgeir

What does Kaj do now? - Is there any chance to interview him? I would like to and pass it on to German Bass Professor Magazine (kind of an equivalent to the US Bass Player) who are always keen on getting fresh input from their readers. That would put at least a little attention on him and the band of course. You guys deserve a feature in a musician's mag ten times more than, say, Nightwish (who were recently featured over here)...

Occam's Razor said:
What does Kaj do now? - Is there any chance to interview him? I would like to and pass it on to German Bass Professor Magazine (kind of an equivalent to the US Bass Player) who are always keen on getting fresh input from their readers. That would put at least a little attention on him and the band of course. You guys deserve a feature in a musician's mag ten times more than, say, Nightwish (who were recently featured over here)...
Kaj is not a bass player

:loco: yeah, I came to that this morning after sleeping over it - why didn't anyoné whac me for that earlier? - Anyway, of course I meant Lars!...damn, all those names...made a fool of myself once again:tickled: