TYPE O NEGATIVE Members Launch New Project

Beast In Flames

Dionysian SadoMaso Animal
TYPE O NEGATIVE members Kenny Hickey (vocals, guitar) and Johnny Kelly (drums) have teamed up with DUST TO DUST bassist/vocalist Rob Traynor in an as-yet-unnamed new band, according to TYPE O's official web site (www.typeonegative.net). The group are currently recording a five-song demo in Staten Island, New York with Rob engineering and are describing their musical direction as "SABBATH, SOUNDGARDEN, BEATLES, groove oriented — nothing happy, all in minor."

Among the songtitles set to appear on the band's demo are the following:

01. Broken Sky
02. Hole Inside
03. Numb

In other news, TYPE O NEGATIVE performed at the legendary CBGBs in New York City on Friday night (June 13), for a special VIP show to promote the band's new album, "Life Is Killing Me", which arrived in stores Tuesday (June 17).

The band, dressed in hospital scrubs, played mostly old material at the CBGBs show, which ran about an hour. TYPE O NEGATIVE played "Black No. 1", their trademark Halloween song, as well as "Christian Woman", "Love You To Death", and the classic "Unsuccessfully Coping With The Natural Beauty Of Infidelity (I Know You're Fuckking Someone Else)" .

One of the reasons the band played older material is that TYPE O NEGATIVE frontman Peter Steele said he doesn't feel comfortable playing songs that people don't know, live. "We have had to alter our set list, time after time," he explained. "I don't believe in, and I am a devout non-believer, in playing new songs live if the subjected and pathetic crowd has not heard them before because I consider it like mass psychosis and genocidal."