Types of Drum mics?

jdolese1226

Jun 12, 2013
Louisiana
So I want to get into sampling my own drums, but I confused on what's is a great floor Tom and kick drum mic? I'm thinking of the AKG D112 for the floor Tom and an Audix D6 for kick? I really like the drums on Woe, Is Me's Genesi. Despite the processing what's some good mics to get a similar tone? :headbang:

Hey Dude,

its better when you get the Audix D6.
I've the AKG 112, it's a really good mic, but in my opinion not as modern as the D6. Has more the Oldschooltouch.

I would have to say the D112 is a very flabby microphone in my opinion, the 421 is popular for toms but it really depends on your budget! There are lots of great products out there, can you test them at a local music retail shop?

I would have to say the D112 is a very flabby microphone in my opinion, the 421 is popular for toms but it really depends on your budget! There are lots of great products out there, can you test them at a local music retail shop?

well guitar center is like minutes away,and i can test them? what do you mean? take home test? Or In store?? I was asking cause i didnt know i could test some there lol!