U.S. metal demos

IOfTheStorm

Gogol Bordello
Mar 28, 2002
Athens-Greece
www.monolith.gr
I am searching for lost u.s. metal bands , mainly heavy/power/prog metal bands that made a not known album , or simply a demo from to 1990 to 1995...if anyone has any demos, a really underground album, or just information for all these , plz say it ...

Ever heard of a band called LEVIATHAN? They play metal in the vein of later Fates Warning! Really good band! They were from Colorado! They put out a few CDs in the past! Don't know what ever really happened to them!
I have one of their earlier Demos from 1992! Propackaged, excellent production! Recorded at Morrisound studios!

If you are looking for some US metal demos from the 1990-1995, please shoot me an email and let me know the styles of metal you are looking for. I will list out what I have from those eras and I should be able to help fill your collection. I wrote for a number of metal fanzines back then so I got a lot of material.

Matt

My email address: SnakePitMagazine@aol.com

I would say that Matt Coe is the man if your looking for lost US demos from 90-95!
I love Snake Pit Magazine! The best source for Excellent Underground Metal bands both old & new!
The "Where Are They Now" for true Metal Freaks!

No doubt a very good magazine. It can take several days to digest each one.

I remember a local act, Dissident Aggressor, created a demo tape a few years ago (probably more like 6 or 7 now), co-produced? by Frank Hannon from Tesla. They were a good thrash based outfit, maybe with a bit more commercial feel than 80's THRASH, but I like it.

I know I've got that tape and a second copy somewhere. Gotta dig them up now that I think about it.

What's the rule on copying/distributing this without permission? I'm sure the band folded, but have no idea on this legal shit. Isn't withholding metal from the metal community a crime in itself? I would write bad checks to my mother to get a hold of that unreleased Forbidden bootleg that Laurent describes in Snakepit...

I don't think there is any legal issue with a band that has broken up to offer the tape to the metal community.

I am interested in hearing that demo tape- I heard Michael Spencer speak about it when I interviewed him for the Sentinel Beast feature in Snakepit 9. Please email me at:

SnakePitMagazine@aol.com

I'll see what I can do to get that Forbidden bootleg for you...

Matt

http://www.truemetal.org/snakepit

No doubt a very good magazine. It can take several days to digest each one.

I remember a local act, Dissident Aggressor, created a demo tape a few years ago (probably more like 6 or 7 now), co-produced? by Frank Hannon from Tesla. They were a good thrash based outfit, maybe with a bit more commercial feel than 80's THRASH, but I like it.

I know I've got that tape and a second copy somewhere. Gotta dig them up now that I think about it.

What's the rule on copying/distributing this without permission? I'm sure the band folded, but have no idea on this legal shit. Isn't withholding metal from the metal community a crime in itself? I would write bad checks to my mother to get a hold of that unreleased Forbidden bootleg that Laurent describes in Snakepit...

Dissident Aggressor has some of their songs on Reverb nation. https://www.reverbnation.com/dissidentaggressor4.
Forbbiden Territories is on there.