UAD-2..

Jun 2, 2005
I'll keep it short, has anyone tried it? ayone else really interested?

I have no idea to be honest, im about to ask my best mate google what this is all about and how good the plugins are that come with the card:

http://www.uaudio.com/uad-2/

Im going to get a new PC pretty soon, i wanted a simple soundcard plus all the usual stuff i have now, but i think i might have to save some cash and see what this is all about now.

I was just checking this out, it seems to be no different to the UAD-1 other than more DSP processing power (2.5x, 5x, or 10x power). So all of the quality plugins from the UAD-1 are cross compatible with the UAD-2. But the best UAD-2 @ $1800 @ sweetwater with 10x of the power of UAD-1 would be pretty sweet.

I saw the tests - in real life UAD-2 quad is like 5 or 6 UAD-1 on many plugs - but I think it worth it - one card as 5 cards - thats good

Pods also use SHARC chips....

The UAD cards look cool, and I'd love to try the plugins but frankly I have more than enough processing power (never even gone close to 25% with a TON of gearbox's, URS CSP's, IR reverbs, delays, everything) and it kind of solves a problem that I don't have right now.

It would be cool if they did them native but don't think thats going to happen......I'll just have to stick to other plugs.

Anyone care to explain in retard terms what these do? Is it just card processing similar to Pro Tools HD? Or just more I/O? Sorry for dumb questions!

-Joe

Just looked on Sweetwater.com
:erk: :erk: :zombie: :zombie:o_O o_O $$$$$ :erk: :erk: :zombie: :zombie:o_O o_O

Probably worth every dime though if the plug-ins sound as good as any other top brands... two-fold with the extra horsepower it'll give you.

Speaking of which, does TC Electronic still make their PCI cards?