UEFA EURO 2004 Fantasy Football

Achernar said:
Well, I agrre with the time-wasting bit, it's typically portuguese, and I dislike it as well but I think we deserved to win anyway. We had so many chances it hurts. I gotta eat back what I said about Figo, he did great today. I'm off to continue celebrating now. We may not win the final but the 2nd place isn't that bad either. Cheers ye lot. :kickass: :D I'd like tomorrow's game to be a battlefield. Lotsa yellow cards n' stuff. :D
you deserved it! No doubt about that, cause Holland played shite. They played like against Germany, they even made a goal out of one tiny chance, well, actually Portugal did it for them. Forunately, it only worked once. I heard that people were celebrating the whole night, with a real traffic chaos in the cities. It's great to see a country so passionate, in a good way, about this! Nice one chaps!

The streets were absolute chaos up until early morning. It's total "happy" mayhem all over the country.... it's a beautiful sight to see. Never has this country been so mobilized.

Beautiful...

i bet on the draw yesterday and lost again. that overmars goal in the first half was not offside tho. fuckin refs. anyway, holland was crap, pauleta lost 2 certain goals, figo played much better, and i hope we win tonight, tho i dont feel it will happen. oh well.

sol83 said:
i bet on the draw yesterday and lost again. that overmars goal in the first half was not offside tho. fuckin refs. anyway, holland was crap, pauleta lost 2 certain goals, figo played much better, and i hope we win tonight, tho i dont feel it will happen. oh well.
He WAS offside mate. Take a real good look. Even Advocaat admitted it today.

Somebody tell me why you choose to hold back most of the game when you have Nedved, Poborsky, Koller, Baros, Rosicky, Smicer and Heinz in your squad? I need to be a footie manager.

But it was the best game Greece has played and not entirely undeserved, cheers Sol, must be a thrill.

Too bad for Nedved, damn I feel sorry for him.

Allan said:
Too bad for Nedved, damn I feel sorry for him.
I feel more sorry for his opponents. It would be like Dio's auntie running towards you
ill.gif

sol83 said:
and i hope we win tonight, tho i dont feel it will happen. oh well.
woooohoooooo :hotjump: :headbang: that totaly rocks!!! what a dramatic overtime again. As Allan said, fully deserved victory for Greece. The Czechs played too hesitating, and i really think that Nedveds injury was a real bad relapse for the team although one could say they have enough alternatives on the bench.

Anyways, now it's totally indifferent whether Greece will win on sunday or not, as Rehagel said: "Greece is the winner of this EC!" And he is right!!! Well done!!!

ok. i just got back home. first of all, i think we played real crap offensively, especialy in the second half the team was non existant. if we do the math, the czechs deserved to win, thats certain. in extra time it seemed as they woke up, i dunno what happened, we had 2 pretty good chances before the goal. as for the goal, well, i was in this cafe place and when the ball went in i started screaming and run out to the road and did all that crazy stuff, i mean to win the game on the last minute, what are the chances? i too am kinda sad for the czechs, i would support them if they went to the final, i think they deserved to win today. but with footy thats the thing, if you have luck on your side...

as for sunday, well, i just hope we have the same luck as we did today. the team seems tired and it will be pretty tough to get a good result. even if we lose i wont really mind, if you think that greece could hardly get to the euro or world cup finals in the past, this is clearly monumental. i dont think it will happen again in the next 30-40 years to be honest.

:Spin:

words cannot describe what happened last night here.there were millions out in the streets!!if we win sunday there is quite a possibility that greece will sink into the sea!!!the american ambassador here in greece organised the 4 July fest for today cause he wanted to see the final on sunday!!!!(he had no other choice.noone would be there.unless there were tv's all over the place!!!)