UEFA EURO 2004 Fantasy Football

it's a different match than the one that started this tournament.portugal is a different team now plus a much better one.they've changed half their starting players.as for us.....no Karagounis,no party.....that's my opinion....along with Dellas and Zagorakis he's easily our best player

helenafront.gif

damond said:
it's a different match than the one that started this tournament.portugal is a different team now plus a much better one.they've changed half their starting players.as for us.....no Karagounis,no party.....that's my opinion....along with Dellas and Zagorakis he's easily our best player
Yeah, Dellas is Ace. I'm usually not too confident but I think we have strong chances of winning. Karagounis is your engine, he'll be missed I guess. Greece is already this Euro's winner anyway. :worship: Let's just hope it's a good game.

i think the game will be like any other greece match in this euro.(you can only understand what i mean if you've seen one).unless that portugal scores early in the game(which would be a disaster for us).i am anxious/curious to see what Rehhagel will do to fill Karagounis' absence (probably Gianakopoulos instructed to help the attackers like with the Czechs and most of all help with Ronaldo's marking)

I said it before: pay attention to GREECE!
It will be hard for Portugal because the greeks are destroying all the dribblings and so Portugal would only have less chances to score...
...and you all know: The portuguese need A LOT of chances and the greeks only ONE.

thats why I think that Greece will win.
But I would also be happy when Portugal wins.
Both deserve it.

gianakopoulos will play for karagounis. he seemed in good shape, i think its much better that we lost karagounis than our two central defenders or zagorakis who had a card. i dont think the team will suffer much from that. i only hope they dont appear tired again as they did with the czechs in the second half, when the team was completely dead.

I just read a very nice article from supposedly the biggest sports paper in Portugal, "El Bola" or sth. Their review of Denmark, said we were a very offensive-minded team, whoose commitment to offense cost in the end, along with a sense of fair-play that kept us from committing the professional fouls that so haunt today's game (HINT Greece). Nice folks, them Portuguese sports journalists.

playing defensively and playing dirty are tow different things. greece had the average cards and fouls as any other team in this euro.

how did we waste time when the opponent had the possesion of the ball longer than us? i think that was the case in all matches (apart from the game with russia probably).

apart from the "accusation" of unexciting football (that all teams apart from the czechs played pretty much) the greek team had a very decent appearence i reckon.

(i need to find synonyms for "apart from")

Allan said:
I just read a very nice article from supposedly the biggest sports paper in Portugal, "El Bola" or sth. Their review of Denmark, said we were a very offensive-minded team, whoose commitment to offense cost in the end, along with a sense of fair-play that kept us from committing the professional fouls that so haunt today's game (HINT Greece). Nice folks, them Portuguese sports journalists.
Imo Denmark played the best football in Euro 2004, shame they did not make it to the final.

Allan said:
It's "A Bola". "El" is a spanish word :yell: . And the biggest sports paper in portugal is called "Record". But yeah, Denmark's games were quite pleasant to watch so I guess that's true. All hail the vikings.

i think the Czechs played by far the best football in euro 2004.anyone who thinks we play dirty is wrong.in both games (france and Czech republic) we made less fouls than the other ones.how do you explain that??and i don't think we could play any other way.it's not like we have players like Nedved or Zidane or Roberto Carlos in order to score 15 goals in every much and not let the other team pass the midfield line.common sense........(besides is a synonym for "apart from")

About Denmark: As Archenar said, it's hard to judge cause you're naturally biassed, but I'll say our first half against Italy and Bulgaria was unparalelled as far as great football goes, but unsuccessful. No game excited me as much as Holand- Czech rep. though. And I think there's some truth to that about professional fouls, Greece would never have conceeded the first 2 goals we did, they'd have commited the foul.

And for the Greeks. Professional foul does not mean dirty foul, but unspectacular foul committed to stop the opponent's play from developing.

Think we'll show you how footie is played in the WC quals.

It was "a Bola".

Chelsea will regret offloading Grønkjær, he convinced me.