UK is part of Europe don't you know!

gunthagh

New Metal Member
Jun 5, 2007
Been Looking forward to the new Amon Amarth album for months and months now, figuring I would get to see the band live again I checked their website for Tour dates...and once again a metal band has a european tour with no UK dates anywhere to be seen.

I want to know why bands miss out this country completely, are your album sales very low here or do bands just not like coming to this country.
This is very disappointing for your fans.
Uk is where metal started and now we are a forgotten breed. :mad:

well the band don't really decide where to go, there needs to be a local promotor willing to pay for the band to get somewhere.

You might have to get on the back of the promotors and let them know there are fans willing to pay for the shows.

Good morning my friend,
It has been announced a forthcoming UK tour with Carcass & Bleed from Within in Novermber (Defenders of the Faith IV), playing in Birminghan 12th, Manchester 13th, Glasgow 14th, Bristol 15th & London 17th

HI Gnoff,

Thanks for the reply, will have to start bugging promoters in Newcastle about gigs and bands.

Great news for defenders of the faith IV right near my birthday aswell which will be awesome. :Smokedev:

I feel your pain. A UK tour with 4 dates in England, 1 date in Scotland, 0 dates in Wales and 0 dates in Northern Ireland. I'm sick of bands/promoters stating a 'UK Tour' when they are not playing the whole UK. There really is no excuse for any European band missing out on a European country when touring!

Are they stating UK tour? I thought it was US and Europe tour. Well, maybe next year it will be better for you. Good luck! But at least 5 dates! In France for example, there's only 1 date if I'm not wrong. Look at their tour, it's quite long and I guess they want to be at home somewhen too. I'm quite sure they will tour next year again.

I hear you Brisantni. I know they will be touring for quite a while am I'm sure they will be back again, but the UK is made up of 4 different countries and 2 of them are being ignored. 1 show in each country would have been the right thing to do. France has 1 show, Northern Ireland has 0. I guess were as well thought of as the Aussies haha. Hopefully the places they couldn't play first time around they will be able to play the next time. It's frustrating when you can't see the bands you love.

Saw the London show. From the upstairs balcony the sound was atrocious all night. I couldn't lieterally hear any guitars to make the songs recognisable. the fast songs especially were just a wall of sound. Good gig but spoiled by the worst sound ever upstairs any way.

You think that there would be someone there to fix these sound problems as the acoustics in each venue may not be best suited for Balls to the Wall Heavy Metal. I wonder what the sound technician was doing? You think me might just have been the person to sort that out. Ha ha. :headbang:

Saw the London show. From the upstairs balcony the sound was atrocious all night. I couldn't lieterally hear any guitars to make the songs recognisable. the fast songs especially were just a wall of sound. Good gig but spoiled by the worst sound ever upstairs any way.

Actually the sound quality at Glasgow wasn't the best either. Seen AA before in other venues and was so much clearer.

If only I were back in Scotland. The gigs I could see. I could just get my wages payed direct to Ticketmaster.:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Provided you live in Glasgow of course. I've not seen a support band in years unless it's on a week-end.

But it could be much worse I guess. Like having to go to London or even fly to the continent to see decent bands.