UK Metal: Please Give Opinions On Mix etc

Thanks, i think the mix sounds quite muffled too, didnt really know how to go about solving it. I have already boosted around 6k quite a bit on the kick drum, do i need to boost this more, or around a different frequency? How would i go about getting a sample and using that instead? sorry still all new to this!

Many thanks.

hey there. first off its a pretty cool song. what i would do is first try to bring the snare down alittle, if that doesnt make it sound any more part of the song, try and eq it alittle bit. i just think it stands out too much, not in a natural way, ya know. just my opinion. and the kicks are not loud enough and they may need some more click to get them out front alittle more. also the toms need some work, they are always the hardest in my opinion to get super fat sounding and clear. also the vocals are real good but i think a tad loud, try a mix with them down just alittle bit. by the way im listening on the computer speakers and not on my monitors in my studio, but that is what i am hearing. pretty good work though, keep it up.

Thanks again for the help i will do my best to fix these, loads of people have suggested the vocals should be brought back in the mix a bit, and also getting the toms to sound nice. I cut some mids from them a little, maybe I should cut them a little more?

Any specific frequencies for the snare? im really quite unsure in how i should EQ them.

I'm really surprised how many good things have been said about the vocals here and on other boards - We used a really cheap Phillips mic I think, and its recorded through a PODXT, crazy!

Just finished another mix now, I will put it to the same link as above, so please tell me what you think, and how i can still improve it. I brought the overall volume down a bit, to stop the guitars clipping at the start. Im much happier with this version.

Thanks for the help you guys are great