Ulf Wakenius

hexwind

Creepiness Och Terrorism
Jun 10, 2008
Psychedelic Planet
www.myspace.com
Hey guys ! i've been looking for some good music, Jazz mainly, and i found this guy,Ulf Wakenius, a lot of pieces of his remind me of Opeth stuff .the album is Enchanted Moments
check him out, i hope you will like it ;)

I'm into more emotional Jazz, slower and more melodic, like Georg Riedel or Jan Johansson.
know any good similiar artists?

I'm into more emotional Jazz, slower and more melodic, like Georg Riedel or Jan Johansson.
know any good similiar artists?

i have a jazz compilation cd lying around somewhere with 20 or so songs, each by different artists, and if i can find it, i rekon about 10 of them are worthy of recommendation! i'll have a look.

THE place to start is Miles Davis' Kind of Blue. Also some Theolonius Monk for good measure.

Thanks for the recommendation of Ulf Wakenius, Hex Wind! Never heard of him, but I'll definitely have to check it out.

i checked him out after reading this thread. I liked notes from the heart, but love is real was a bit boring. this type of music in general is a bit too much improvisation, which is kinda annoying as it somtimes feels as if the lead player know as much as yourself where youre going :p

i checked him out after reading this thread. I liked notes from the heart, but love is real was a bit boring. this type of music in general is a bit too much improvisation, which is kinda annoying as it somtimes feels as if the lead player know as much as yourself where youre going :p

Theres nothing worse than predictable music. The lead player should have a fair idea where hes going based on the chords hes been given, but it may turn into rambling depending on his/her skills and creativity.