Ultra Beatdown

Ozzloaf

Art Geek
Jun 14, 2008
Hi,
My freind Andrew Jones (Android) did the cover for the new Dragonforce album Ultra Beatdown. I don't know how you feel about DF but absolutely hate them... :erk: Still his cover is awesome. I thought I'd post it here so you guys can check it out. His work is cool, very stylized, and original. He used to make art more like what I do but now he only does "shape sifting" stuff like this one. I think it's one of those things that you could see a fraction of one of his paintings and know instantly that it's him. Also I've seen him paint live and it's SOOOOO awesome.
ultra_beat_down_1000.jpg

To see more of his art go here:
http://androidjones.blogspot.com/
It's interesting that he'd do a "metal" (if you call DF metal...) cover because I don't think he likes much if any metal.
Jake

He also did the art for the new Soulfly album. I don't know the band but the art is FUCKING SSSSSIIIIICCCCKKKKK if I do say so myself. He's also one of the coolest guys you'd likely ever meet. He did a thousand daily self portraits and I have the signed poster framed in my room. His technique is VERY unique it includes order from chaos, shape sifting, patterns galore, and a lot of philosophical thinking.

For the special edition Digipak:

_interior_pyramid_soulfly700.jpg

For the normal Jewel Case:

conquer_color.jpg

conquersm_logo.jpg

Jake

Well, it's not my cup of tea but he has talent (for the style). I knew the Soulfly cover and thought it was pretty cool, Andrew is a creative person but Im not into the pink/yellow hues at all. It seems like many commercial designers (these days) use those fluo colors in almost everything they do. He seems to use a combination of photos, vector shapes and digital painting. Interesting! But nothing really catched my attention on his blog. He could be the good artist for Coca-cola or iPod ads!

No he doesn't use photos, I've seen him create. He takes vector images and distorts them to create the shapes he needs and then he airbrushes and paints on top of it.

Ok, well he's talented for sure but I still miss his first works. I havent seen anything from him in the past 4-5 years. I remember his portraits : dark tones, textures... what happened to him?

He probably had some sort spiritual psychedelic experience. All of these dark artists go through stuff like that and then come out painting bright swirly colored stuff. But yeah his early art was really awesome. I have a poster of the thousand self portraits that he did, they're unbelievable!