Ulver appreciation thread

I just managed to acquire the split 7" with Mysticum (!) after all this time. Listening to that now.

I love the trilogy, and was very impressed with Blood Inside as well. The other releases seem to be good as well, but I've not heard all of them yet.

I can only imagine what they will do next.

hmm everybody tells me to listen to ulver (and how awesome is their music, etc etc) but i have no clue where to start.
so i guess i'm an ulver n00b. :p
any suggestions for a good start? :)

Oi Anna.. legal ver você poraqui de volta.

i would go for 2001's Perdition City... the band has some different phases.. from black metal to folkish and this new ambient/dark approach..

I'd probably start with "Themes from William Blakes...." personally. I think he has a good mix of stuff. If you're going to start with Perdition City, put it on your ipod and walk around the city at night. Thats how it first hit me.

hmmmmmmm thanks :)

yea, i've noticed they have such different phases, thats why i never knew where to start.
another friend also recommended me blood inside and themes.. i'l see what i can find.
thanks guys!

Perdition City. period. incredibly difficult to track down, and if anyone would like to let me know where one is available id pay handsomely.

Not so difficult... (unless you're looking for the limited edition!)

The End Records & Jester Records have it in stock for instance.