Ulver News

If I were to check out some of the non-metal Ulver stuff, which one should it be?
Perdition City
MajestikMøøse;6339107 said:
this had better be a better album than that wet-fart, blood inside.
I will punch if not.
Uh, Blood Inside ruled from the 2 songs I heard. Check your sources.
He is right.
MajestikMøøse;6339152 said:
it sucked from the whole album I heard. Check YOUR sources, biatch.
You are right.
THAT IS CORRECT, SIR.
Indeed.
MajestikMøøse;6339507 said:
I think you guys are forgetting the cardinal rule of having low expectations so that nothing can ever disappoint you.
Selective nihilism makes for a happy life.
Ulver sure are pumping out the pretentious shit-a-thons.

It feels like only yesterday that I laughed at how bad Blood Inside was.
No. / Yes.

I interviewed the band a month or so back if anyone is interested in reading about the new album. ZT is available throughout the US now too, so no excuses :loco:

Have had six of the songs off the new album since May, they have aged well, I must say I really like them. They are a lot more melancholic and stripped down than Blood Inside. I find them like a less theatrical and bombastic version of A Quick Fix...

Holy shit, do I see a picture of Trickster G smiling?!

I really need to subscribe to that magazine. So I shall!

I can't fucking wait for this album.

Blood Inside should have been good, it really should have been. But it was just too much. Too many layers, too many... things. I guess some thought William Blake was overblown and bombastic, but I didn't. Blood Inside was, even if the ending few minutes of Christmas is some of the best shit I've ever heard, Ulver or otherwise.

ulver_shadowsofthesun_cover_large.jpg

The cover of the album matches the music pretty well, I got the full thing the other day and the rough mixes I had seem pretty representative of the entire thing. It's mostly very relaxed, downcast, and quite minimalistic in comparison to Blood Inside :)

I'm listening to Blood Inside, and man, it starts off so well with the first 3 songs, and then just... ugh.

Why does the badness of this particular album perplex me? Perhaps I am used to such amazing quality from this group, and they just haven't redeemed themselves with the next album yet, and I still hold hope for something that isn't there within the ol' red and white.

Either way, Ulver weather is nearly upon us. :)

This track is haunting, lives up to Russell's promise of being more subtle in its atmospherics than Blood Inside, can't wait for the whole fix of melancholy. Like the cover if only because it screams out to have Agalloch stamped on it. Also heard something from the upcoming Blut Aus Nord on their gayspace an hour ago...

This track is haunting, lives up to Russell's promise of being more subtle in its atmospherics than Blood Inside, can't wait for the whole fix of melancholy.

I finally got the whole album about three weeks ago, and this song is pretty representitive of all of them in terms of mood :) There's a fair bit of variation, which has kept it interesting, and I've been listening to it daily and still feel the need to listen more. Always a good sign. Can't wait for this one to come out!