Ulver News

Still waiting for mine to show up. :mad:

Also I got a PM from some dude named Under_Score that said DOWNLOAD THIS SHIT! and it was allegedly a link to the album. I didn't click it.

First impression after first spin last night:

Beautifully Boring

Generally speaking, bad opening opinions of well-established enjoyment of a group's previous offerings is a good thing, as I initially rebuke immediate change, but quickly succumb to new ideas and allow growth to spread across my being, in step with said new album. Second spin begins, we shall see where this travels.

This album is pretty goddamn awesome. I was playing Deus Ex one night and put it on in the background and it was a pretty perfect match. Not as perfect as Perdition City woulda been but I don't even have that album because I am in fact a homosexual.

So I shelved this one a few weeks ago after several failed attempts and enjoying it, but brought it for the drive home concert listening (usually reserved for Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies or APC - Thirteenth Step for calming purposes), and I realized how good of an album it really is. Just needs the right mood is all.

Damn fine album. Blood Inside I still don't understand, but in 10 years could be brilliant. For now it remains the only blight in their entire discography.

This new Ulver album is damn fine, the subdued atmospheres rule to no end. I do not think it's gonna put me in touch again with their other post-Nattens experiments, but this one I'll gladly order.

Just spun Shadows of the Sun again after forgetting about it for a few months. About to be twice in a row. This is pretty excellent stuff.