UM Fantasy Football League IV

King Richard

Hello there
Mar 23, 2006
Wouldn't you like to know
Discuss anything fantasy.

Reminder: The UM league still needs one more person, so if you want to play and are willing to stay active, PM me your email and I'll send you an invite.

Go Colts!

Is there way on the Yahoo draft, using Autopick, to force the system to pick certain positions in a certain order? I have tried a mock draft with a modified pre-draft rankings, and it always fills all positions in the roster before filling the bench. I don't necessarily, in all cases, want to do that. Also, once it starts filling the bench, it seems to pick backups for every position.

I plan to be there for the live draft if possible, but if not, I want this autopick to do what I want it to do.

Yeah because when I draft Aaron Rodgers, I'm gonna get screwed because he took like 65 sacks last year

Ok here are the changes to the scoring:

1. There are no negative points this season. That means fumbles, interceptions, sacks, missed kicks, defense giving up a fuckton of points, etc., are not scored. I'm going oldschool here where the only points you earn or don't earn is determined by how good your players are.

2. I remember a few of you guys bitching about not having return yards scored, so this year, return yards will be scored. Keep this in mind when drafting a D/ST. This does not mean that individual players will be given points for return yardage or return touchdowns. If your receiver returns a kickoff or punt, he is considered special teams, therefore his return yardage/td will be recorded as part of special teams.

3. I changed kicker's points depending on the distance to 3 points across the board. No more 5 points for 50+ yard kicks, that makes no sense.

4. I also made minor tweaks to skilled position points for reception/rush and yardage. I'm pumping up the points for running backs since there are so many teams that like to use multiple running backs instead of "the guy" ala the Fagboys. This means the stock on Chris Johnson just skyrocketed.

Be sure to look the scoring rules over, otherwise you'll probably lose.

Requesting ideas for changes that I can make to the current roster. Right now we have QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, WR/RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN.

Since there will be 12 teams this season, that means the RB and WR positions are going to be stretched thin, so I don't think it'd be wise to add another spot for those positions. I was thinking of opening another QB and TE spot and removing the WR/RB slot, and dropping two bench slots so that people can't hoard players. This way you could have an extra QB, RB, WR or TE on your bench. Or leave the same number of bench slots, but stipulate that you are only allowed to have one player of each position in your bench, not 6 running backs or something like that. This way the players are spread out across the board and there will always be free agents for someone to drop/pick up at will. This will justify not having a waiver system which I can't stand. Thoughts?

Sounds like interesting changes. I personally like hoarding RBs and WRs (cuz I learned from you), but I think the change would be fun. I am probably just old, but having 2 QBs active for a game seems weird. I would rather have the BN slots. Is there any way to enforce the BN positions?

I think having a bare minimum of bench positions is good. 2 active QBs is fucking stupid. Remove 2 BN spots, otherwise the roster lineup looks good.

I don't have a problem with pumping up the points for yards/carries for RBs, but do not bump points for TDs. 6 points are 6 points, just like 3pts should be 3pts.

What would be cooler is if you could implement "milestone" point bonuses for like, 4 Tds in a game for a QB, or 100yds +1 TD for a RB, etc.

I like it. will help with the 12 team spread. I would still say only 4 BN positions, to prevent hoarding. Really unnecessary, especially with no waiver penalties.

King, I get the sense that you feel you have to somehow compensate for the fact that this is a 12 team league by limiting the number of players on each roster. I say, let's explore the depth a little more than usual.

Since I'd like to keep this out of the NFL thread, here is what I drafted last night in another league:

1. (2) Ray Rice RB
2. (19) Philip Rivers QB
3. (22) Sidney Rice WR
4. (39) Chad Ochocinco WR
5. (42) Eli Manning QB
6. (59) Pierre Garcon WR
7. (62) Marion Barber RB
8. (79) Visanthe Shiancoe TE
9. (82) New York DEF
10. (99) Jeremy Maclin WR
11. (102) Reggie Bush RB
12. (119) Tim Hightower RB
13. (122) Austin Collie WR
14. (139) Steve Slaton RB
15. (142) Lawrence Tynes K

Also, for those interested in another league, I will set one up similar to how the UM league is set up, but it's going to involve a hodge podge of peeps (people I work with, people from another forum, etc). I have 6 people who would be confirmed if I made one and 3 unconfirmed, so I'm looking at 1-4 people who would be interested (other than Dakryn, who has already expressed interest).