UM PODCAST/RADIO

Banned
Jan 13, 2006
Chicago,IL
Ok. I am setting a UM PODCAST AND RADIO. The basic formula will be that we will have a weekly or monthly show where I will have various people from the board DJ a group of songs. I hope to many differnt people from the board choose a group of songs of all metal genres. I dont every detail down but I have been working on this idea for the past two weeks(as V5 i sent him a pm two weeks ago).

I still have to ask MetalAges/Darron(spelling?)

Please contact me if you want to join me on this.

NOTHING IS FINAL YET!

Me and The Ozzman are working on the details

SHOW ONE SIGN UP
-----------------------------
Overseer/Organizer/DJ-Alter
Co-Overseer-The Ozzman
Show Tech.(deals with how to get podcast up and running)-
DJ-Zephyrus
DJ-Mathiäs
DJ-The Ozzman
DJ-
DJ-
DJ-

Well I am to set it up. Create a song list. Make sure out DJS have all the songs get to the point where we have a good amount of organization. I am setting up a sign up list now.

Why don't people just play shit from a playlist?

Like, people take requests and shit.

See, the way it works on this one station I used to listen to, you would post your playlist on the internet, then you would tell people what you wanted in an IRC channel and you would play it for them.

Why don't people just play shit from a playlist?

Like, people take requests and shit.

See, the way it works on this one station I used to listen to, you would post your playlist on the internet, then you would tell people what you wanted in an IRC channel and you would play it for them.

I edited it. Requests will be taken but I hope to have people sending a list of songs and they will be granted a DJ spot. Nothing is final until I get this apporved with MetalAges.

If you want a list of songs, do you just want me to send you my fucking playlist as of now?

It's going to be bigger by the time this starts, obviously, but I can send you my entire playlist if you want...

If you want a list of songs, do you just want me to send you my fucking playlist as of now?

It's going to be bigger by the time this starts, obviously, but I can send you my entire playlist if you want...

Sure. I mean a group of 20 songs. The best playlist will get a dj spot. Than we will cut down the number of songs and get add/remove new songs so the time is ok.

THIS WILL ALL MAKE SENSE SOON.

The way you're proposing to do it is just a big clusterfuck imo.

Why have everyone give you 20 songs? Why not just have people get on the air, deejay some beats (whatever the fuck they want/requests) and then have the next person come on when they're finished??

Having one person give 20 songs, another person give 20 songs, etc is fucking stupid. Obviously the best playlist is the one with the music that you know the most/best. Just have people deejay what they want (within the metal realm, of course).

I have over 4000 songs and I'm willing to play any of the ones that are metal on a show. I'm not going to limit myself to giving you 20 songs. That is fucking idiotic for something like this.

Here, Alter, it should go something like this:

Dodens gets on the air and does his bit
He plays songs for 1.5-3 hours (depending on how much time he wants. The limit should be set at 3 hours). He takes requests, either through PM or some other medium (AIM, for example), plays those and whatever the fuck else he wants to play. When his shift is over, Zeph gets on with his arsenal of kvlt black metal and plays whatever the fuck he wants and/or requests people want to hear for 1 hour and then gets off.

It's going to be much smoother that way.

Here, Alter, it should go something like this:

Dodens gets on the air and does his bit
He plays songs for 1.5-3 hours (depending on how much time he wants. The limit should be set at 3 hours). He takes requests, either through PM or some other medium (AIM, for example), plays those and whatever the fuck else he wants to play. When his shift is over, Zeph gets on with his arsenal of kvlt black metal and plays whatever the fuck he wants and/or requests people want to hear for 1 hour and then gets off.

It's going to be much smoother that way.

Ok this sounds best. I will keep it like this. Can I offer you the spot of Co-Overseer? Sense you offered this idea to me I think that you would assest me in a mammoth way.

Ok this sounds best. I will keep it like this. Can I offer you the spot of Co-Overseer? Sense you offered this idea to me I think that you would assest me in a mammoth way.

That's fine. I actually deejayed for a college radio station for 6 months, so I know a little bit about it.

You don't really need the talking...

Well the podcast does not have to have talking just music. A podcast will allow us a longer amount of time to work and release a show. I think the radio will interfere with peoples lifes becuase it has to be live than. Right? A podcast can be esembled over a period of time and than released for download.