UM PODCAST/RADIO

Is a podcast a better idea than a radio show.

A podcast can be much more easy for all of us to set up and can be downloaded in mp3 format and can be listened to on mp3 players.

I decided that I don't really have time to be doing shit like this. Maybe I'll do a guest DJ thing during my fall break or something, but otherwise, I don't see when I'll actually have the time.

Podcast would be easier but having distinct "shows" that each of us contribute at certain times would be fun

Yea that is what I would like. Me and Ozzman would set it all up and make sure a select group of people have their group of songs on the podcast. We could take band/song requests. I will discuss this with Ozzman.

Okay:

The initial idea that Alter had would work perfectly for a podcast.
My idea would work for a radio show. If we do end up doing a radio show, you would have the choice of either playing music or playing music and talking. I like the second because you get to know the person's personality and they can usually add some flair to it, either by having a segment where you poll the audience, tell some jokes, have a 'band of the day' where you discuss tidbits about a particular album and then play the entire album, etc.

I think the podcast should be done first to see how popular it is, and then we can work up to a radio show.

Okay:

The initial idea that Alter had would work perfectly for a podcast.
My idea would work for a radio show. If we do end up doing a radio show, you would have the choice of either playing music or playing music and talking. I like the second because you get to know the person's personality and they can usually add some flair to it, either by having a segment where you poll the audience, tell some jokes, have a 'band of the day' where you discuss tidbits about a particular album and then play the entire album, etc.

I think the podcast should be done first to see how popular it is, and then we can work up to a radio show.

Lets do a podcast first. See how this whole thing would work. If the first show works nice than we move to a radio show. We can also still have talking on the podcast. It, of course, will not be has fun but it is a start.

I know if you wanted to do live internet radio it's fairly easy to set up with winamp and shoutcast

We can maybe work on this idea later. I will pm you in tomarrow.

I have no idea how to run or set up a podcast, so we'll need some help there. I'm pretty sure you can run live podcasts, but I don't know.

No a podcast is set up and than downloaded. I will get to more of this tomarrow because I have to head out for a while tonight.

I'm definitely doing this. I can set up a 20-song playlist quite easily and I'd love to DJ, given the proper resources.

Shoutcast and Winamp:

http://www.shoutcast.com/

Also, if this gets off the ground, Deron should attach a forum to here for the Podcast/Radio type issues, questions, etc. Maybe he could make a little program that would take requests and pm them to people. Just a thought.

I'm really surprised UM didn't have a radio station when I first signed up here.