Underated bands...

I just discovered Adagio recently. Dominate slays.

What band do you think is very under-rated.

Aquaria - http://www.myspace.com/aquarialuxband
Axel Rudi Pell
Dark Moor
Power Quest
Adagio - http://www.adagio-online.com/index.php?p=media
Forgotten Tales - http://www.myspace.com/forgottentales2004
Insania

Dark Moor are great. the new disc "Tarot" is really good.

I love Power Quest. very underrated band. If you like Power Quest look for
Arthemis...it is the singers side band. also really good.

Forgotten Tales are a decent band, they have potential to be a great band....definetly keeping my eye on them.

Insania are a very overlooked band. I think just because of the long spaces between disc.

some other great ones to look out for are

Magica
Kaledon
Logars Diary

Dark Moor are great. the new disc "Tarot" is really good.

I love Power Quest. very underrated band. If you like Power Quest look for
Arthemis...it is the singers side band. also really good.

Forgotten Tales are a decent band, they have potential to be a great band....definetly keeping my eye on them.

Insania are a very overlooked band. I think just because of the long spaces between disc.

some other great ones to look out for are

Magica
Kaledon
Logars Diary

Dark Moore Tarot may be my best of Power Metal pick for the year. Kaledon? Someone else knows who Kaledon are? Cool.

Kiuas
Excelsis
Wintersun

Dark Moore Tarot may be my best of Power Metal pick for the year. Kaledon? Someone else knows who Kaledon are? Cool.

Kiuas
Excelsis
Wintersun

Kiuas are not that good. People have been raving about them but to me they are not really power metal...more of that bad melodic death metal.

Wintersun is great but I dont think they are considered power metal.

kaledon is reeally good. glad to see they have more fans. it was a great surprise when I put on thier CD.

Kiuas are not that good. People have been raving about them but to me they are not really power metal...more of that bad melodic death metal.

Wintersun is great but I dont think they are considered power metal.

kaledon is reeally good. glad to see they have more fans. it was a great surprise when I put on thier CD.

The tread didn't call for Power Metal bands. That said, Kiuas isn't anywhere near death metal, and Wintersun is melodic death metal.

I just discovered Adagio recently.

Ditto here. Some bands that deserve much more:

Lion's Share
Final Stage
Wolf
Evil Masquerade
Collusion
Darkwater
Scale The Summit
Abandoned
Evile
Phantom-X
Crescent Shield
Pharaoh
Beto Vazquez Infinity

And I have both Forgotten Tales albums, they're good but nothing astounding. Their vocalist nevertheless collaborated in the last BVI album.

If you like Space Odyssey, check also Majestic, Time Requiem and Silver Seraph. Richard Andersson has shine his keyboards in all of them

NP: Megadeth - 'Burnt Ice'

My list is more geared towards bands I feel never got the recognition they deserve, not that they're totally unknown.

Conception - Without a doubt my favorite prog metal band of all time.
Crimson Glory - Their first two releases should have gotten them huge.
Disillusion - Back To Times of Splendour is a disk everyone should own.
Eternity X - The Edge is a friggin' masterpiece, but it's not for everyone.
Mechancial Poet - Handmade Essence and Woodland Prattlers were awesome and quite unique cds, a shame that more people haven't listened to them.
Payne's Gray - Released a few demos and one unbelievable full-length in the 90s, but seem largely forgotten. It doesn't get any more prog.
Tarot - One of Finland's longest-running metal bands, they've been releasing remarkably consistent material for over 20 years, but for some reason never really gained any recognition.

I discovered a band this year called DGM. Seriously, this is some of the best stuff I've heard. check out DGM, especially the album called Misplaced

OK, My turn: Though I put mine as "underrated and unappreciated."

Zandelle
Katagory V
Tarot
Visions of Atlantis
Dream Evil - Fredrik Nordstrom is a certifiable genius on BOTH sides of the boards
Seraphim - At least on these boards
Jeremy - A friend of mine gave me a boot of them playing a gig in Pusan, S. Korea. They f-ing slay! Christian Prog metal. If they were from Europe, they would have been at PP eons ago. NOTE: here is a YouTube link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=OB85xhxo7Tc