Underated bands...

Tarot - One of Finland's longest-running metal bands, they've been releasing remarkably consistent material for over 20 years, but for some reason never really gained any recognition.

I fully agree with this statement. I own the latest Tarot CD and it sounds awesome. I actually like this slightly better than Nightwish, even though Marco is in both bands.

I'd like to see Tarot do a future PP, but this year was out since Marco is on tour with Nightwish.

someone once said to me that aquaria sounds is disneyworld-metal, :lol:

falconer
nocturnal rites
sanctity (new though, so ill give it time)
dark empire
eldritch
blind guardian (i dont care what anyone says- they do not get their just due in my eyes)

Manilla Road, formed in 1977 and few people I've met that are into metal have even heard of them, definitely one of the, if not THE, most underrated American metal bands around. Asked a good number of people at PP and only a couple had even heard of them, let alone heard them.

Of course, I'll say Pretty Maids lead the way in this category. I'll also throw in Axel Rudi Pell, Charon, Lacrimas Profundere, Entwined and Sinner. There are a bunch of up-and-coming bands but they're more "Under-established" thank underrated.

Agree on the Manilla Road nod-- I have a MR shirt and the only place anyone's ever commented on it was at PP VI...

I'm probably in the minority though-- I prefer the "Mark of the Beast" album to the rest-- something great about that 70's vibe.

Dreamaker - Elisa Martin has a completely different voice than pretty much all female vocalists in metal. Probably would have
benefited from staying with Dark Moor. Either way, I'd like to see them get a bit more attention.

One of the highlights from BarFest this year was getting to see Mob Rules and meet the guys. They were awesome. I was so bummed they had such a short set, I could have listened to them all night.

I agree. They were the band I wanted to see the most at BARFest.

Also, I missed their first song or two driving around SanFran looking for parking (and another 30 minutes walking to the venue after I found parking). Although I would like it if they played more old stuff; I just can't get into their latest cd....

Robin