Unearth

I love Unearth but i think they had their peak on The oncoming storm, pure joy from start to end. The new album sounds good but i think some more brightness in the sound would have been nice. It sounds kind of dull. On the next album I think they have to take their music a step further to keep my intrest.

I´m going to london on the 15th of nov to see them live along with Parkway Drive and a bunch of other bands.

Unearth are a fantastic live band - funny as fuck. They've got some quality moves...

Anyone else seen them have race before a breakdown? Buz and Ken put their guitars down on one side of the stage, leaving them to feedback, and then have a sprint race to see who can get their guitar first and come in bang on the breakdown. Total comedy.

Unearth are a fantastic live band - funny as fuck. They've got some quality moves...

Anyone else seen them have race before a breakdown? Buz and Ken put their guitars down on one side of the stage, leaving them to feedback, and then have a sprint race to see who can get their guitar first and come in bang on the breakdown. Total comedy.

Yeah even if you HATE the music. Unearth rarely fails live. I saw them at a Halloween show and they were on fucking roller skates the whole show. :lol:

Amazing band ! The mix is a tiny bit dull, as if the guitars were tracked a bit fizzy and needed tons of EQ, but it sounds good other than that, very large and agressive, I dig it.

Parkway Drive is killer too, I love the two last albums :headbang:

I may be the only one up here but ...
Nothing beats "In the eyes of fire" (totally IMO of course :D ).
I LOVE the sound and the music of course, too.

To me "The March" is a step backwards.

I like "III:In The Eyes Of Fire" bc it sounds really agressive and raw, but I feel like after the 4th track things start to get a bit on the boring side of things. On the other hand other than "The Great Dividers", I feel like "Sanctity Of Brothers" might be the best song they have ever written. It just to me is perfect, it has thrash, melody, and groove all in one.

I'm from Boston, I saw these guys before they were signed to Metal Blade, and they ruled from the beginning...amazing live band. They had this free DVD they were giving out at shows, it had them playing 3 songs live in Rhode Island, I've seen it being sold as a used DVD for like $2...if you like this band, buy it if you see it. In any case, I thought The Oncoming Storm really was the best thing the band has done, and The March has some amazing groovy riffs but doesn't come anywhere close to that CD.

I'm from Boston, I saw these guys before they were signed to Metal Blade, and they ruled from the beginning...amazing live band. They had this free DVD they were giving out at shows, it had them playing 3 songs live in Rhode Island, I've seen it being sold as a used DVD for like $2...if you like this band, buy it if you see it. In any case, I thought The Oncoming Storm really was the best thing the band has done, and The March has some amazing groovy riffs but doesn't come anywhere close to that CD.

Hhahah me too.

I remember when they put out Stings...it was the worst sounding record ever hahah but I still loved it.

Yeah I saw the bonus dvd it's pretty funny.. they also included the webisodes on it. Wonder what amps they used.. there were pictures of VHT's, Cobra's, 5150's and JCM800?

after a few listens, I think I'm starting to agree about the music. Not to say they don't have quality songs in there, but I hear they slowed down the tempo on many of their songs which might've sounded better a slightly higher tempo... JMO, of course.

Again, just personal opinion, the guitar tone on In the Eyes of Fire is awesome, but I find the tone in The March more unique. I also don't like the drums on In the Eyes of Fire whatsoever. I feel the kick hardly cuts through at all.

I fucking adore unearth.

I can listen to them anytime, anywhere for as long as possible.

Great to see a modern band so unashamedly metal.