unfurl - WE WANT MORE!

i think putting out b-sides that ends up being treated very gracefully has become a tradition.... :)
ourselves, being fans of everything limited, this makes the singles so much more attractive... and i couldn't agree with u guys more, jonas song 'unfurl' is currently my fave kata song as well and want more of it.

This song wasn't actually a part of the TGCD sessions. It was written for the 'July'-single exclusively. I personally don't see what the big fuzz is all about, haha, but it's great to see the response! Cheers.

Jonas, I was delighted to see you post up in this topic. And, cheers to you for doing so because this is the first time I have seen a post from you on UM (likely you won't respond, doesn't matter though to me so long as you read it hehe.) What's the big fuzz???? ;) Oh, geez...give me a break, man, haha. I KNOW you think it's great (deep down.)

And Blakkheim - cheers to you! Fucking cool that you're fond of the song as well as all of the fans :)lol: at least you can ADMIT it unlike Jonas over there hahaha.) As well, with what you just said I couldn't possibly agree more.

I was just at a DIMMU BORGIR concert last night in Toronto and met up with someone with a Katatonia shirt (I was wearing my "i'll wear black until there's something darker" t-shirt) and felt like I should immediately shout out a BIG cheers. I was like, dude - hell yeah, one of the greatest bands right there. And he's like, you bet - highly underrated. And you know what? I agreed with that. You guys I know have found nice success, for sure, but man you guys should be the biggest band around.

And just on a final note...UNFURL is simply driving me crazy in how freaking good it is. It gives me chills. The mood, the stunning simplicity and the damn GUITAR tone is absolutely perfect. It's all so good that not one thing could be done differently to improve upon. So, I say this; the band should give some serious thought and do an OPETH by releasing maybe ONE album in the vein of this kind of style. Mellow shit...laid back, chill-out music such as this which is the kind of music I find myself listening to alot of these days.

Once again, cheers! :)

PS: I have to buy the single - I just have the mp3. I couldn';t live with myself for not owning the single with a song this good on it in cd-quality.

The atmosphere in Unfurl (as well as in the Soil's Song remix) is incredible. If this is any indication of the things to come, then the upcoming cd will definately be the best of 2007/2008.

Blakkheim: It's awesome that Unfurl is also your current favorite Kata-song. Hearing that makes me even more optimistic about the possibility for future songs in that vein.

Blakkheim, I hope you have more stuff like "Unfurl" to be released on the next TCGD singles (if there are any new), or even a whole album with songs like this one.

I think this kind of "different" album COULD work. Just remember how Opeth's "Damnation" was different than their other albums, and it was awesome. :)

I'm not in the band but I can safely say there will be no more singles for tgcd.

Unfurl>All TGCD session...TGCD is incredible but Unfurl is somewhere a little above TGCD...

I love Unfurl, don't get me wrong, but you can't even compare it to anything off The Great Cold Distance. It is so different that it should be held in its own light separate from The Great Cold Distance.

Unfurl is a freaking addicting song. It's one of the few songs I can listen to on repeat and not get completely sick of. The atmosphere of the song is great. The song sort of reminds of Dissolving bonds and Journey Through pressure.

The Single tracks are great, and I think they got enough apporval for the band to start experimenting more, and not being afraid of every new step by releasing it in a seperate format, for "no risk" reasons... Seriously, you guys do it all well. Go on.

it seems the israeli community of this forum is expanding...*yay*
soon enough we'll be able to have israeli kata-meetings and later possibly a petition to get the Katz to come and say
"Shalom, we're Katatonia from Sweden"

אוהבים נקניקיות?:lol:

israel is a risky place plus there wouldn't be enough shows/ enough money to be made to justify them flying out there.

I'm just sayin..

The Single tracks are great, and I think they got enough apporval for the band to start experimenting more, and not being afraid of every new step by releasing it in a seperate format, for "no risk" reasons... Seriously, you guys do it all well. Go on.
To be honest, I don't think they will really adapt their musical direction to the opinion of people on a message board. But like you, I hope they will expiriment even more in this direction.

israel is a risky place plus there wouldn't be enough shows/ enough money to be made to justify them flying out there.

I'm just sayin..

your first argument is completely wrong...what you see in the news is military action(hunting bobmbing planners and heads of terroristic oragizations on palestinean territory)...sure there's a chance of some asshole with a bomb who'll try to get inside israeli territory and and explode at a crowded place but a.99% of those cases are stopped b.it's as dangerous as being in london and have a paki from al kaeda explode in the underground...but that won't stop any band from playing in wembly stadium now would it?

it's the second argument that is the problem...i personally know some people that love katatonia's music but don't speak english well so they don't post here...and there's quite a lot of old Katatonia fans here(by old i mean BMD and earlier) and those could have easily packed the theater club (1000-1500 tickets), unfortunately if katatonia came here they would get one song from BMD at best.
that's why the word needs to be spread properly first