Unholy Alliance 2008

I hope this is true...I really wanna go again but if the bill stays as it is I won't be going. Hope they add AA to the bill, then I'll go for sure

As far as I'm concerned, I hope strongly that this rumour remains a remour. I'd be quite pissed off to see Amon Amarth playing 50-60 minutes again - the last tour with Dimmu Borgir prooved it: that was just way too short for such a great band with so many killer songs! And how long would they probably play if they joined this tour package? 30 minutes? Which songs would they play, except the classic ones like Death in Fire, Pursuit of Vikings etc? 2 or 3 songs from the new album and that would be all, because Trivium would take over the stage then. Remember the Black Crusade: Arch Enemy with one killer of a new album playing bloody thirty minutes... here they even played only 20 minutes because the whole show was delayed.
Aside from that, Amon Amarth will have a new album out! As for me, I'd like to hear the new stuff, like on the With-Oden-On-Our Side-Tour. But I don't believe there would be enough time for them to present more than just a few new songs to their fans.
I think, Amon Amarth fans deserve the right to see their band again as a headliner.

So please, Amon Amarth, let your fans see you in your full viking magnificence!

Hails from Switzerland

I don't want to pay £30 for that shit :lol:
Checked the price
It's the same price as Damnation fest in Leeds, which has fucking Carcass, Sigh, Napalm Death and the Berzerker. and still atleast another two bands to be announced.

Mastodon is OK but Trivium sucks. So yeah, I'd rather just see an Amon Amarth concert.

Heh, I would've reversed it. The last Trivium album was pretty good. Haven't been impressed by the little Mastadon I've heard. *shrug* But yeah, I love seeing Slayer but I don't like seeing anyone after Amon Amarth, it's just anticlimactic.

Ive already seen all the bands on this tour, and Amon Amarth are the only band out of the 4 to play well live, ive seen slayer a few times and there set list has been the same, and they have been boring, i do love slayer, but there not a good live band, Ive seen trivium a couple of times and they were fuckin horrible to watch, i seen Masodon support slayer last year, they warent that bad live but i hate the band. I'm flying over to scotland for this! I wasnt going to go until i heard that amon amarth are playing. Its shite that trivum and masodon are playing though, ill be at the bar when there on stage.
Amon Amarth will only be on for 30 mins though! :(. Last time i seen them they were only on for 30mins aswel!

it's official now. and also i won't be going. 40 uk pounds for tickets 25 pounds train fares then your spending money for merch etc for a 30 minute set. sorry don't think so.
i'll wait till they headline again.

let's face it, this tour it aimed at those that never heard of AA, got to do what you got to do if you want to sell more records

I'm sure they'll be doing a headlining tour for the existing fans later on

it's looking that way.kind of sucks i would rather see amon amarth headline a tour.not that keen on the other bands.it's going to be very expensive for a 30 minute set.

Even though the set might be way too short for AA, I'll most likely still go to the Göteborg show.

Does anyone know about the other dates though?
I mean, the UA3 is hitting for example Copenhagen and Stockholm, but those dates are not on the AA tour schedule.
Are AA only playing a subset of the dates for the tour or what?

These are the official Dates for the UAT III, coming from the Amon Mainpage btw. nice to look at for this Questions

The Unholy Alliance, Chapter III tour:

27.10 Manchester Arena, Manchester, ENG
28.10 NEC, Birmingham, ENG
30.10 Hammersmith Apollo, London, ENG
31.10 Hammersmith Apollo, London, ENG
02.11 CIA, Cardiff, WAL
03.11 SECC Hall 3, Glasgow, SCO
05.11 Stadthalle, Offenbach, DE
06.11 Palladium, Köln, DE
07.11 Heiniken Music Hall, Amsterdam, NL
09.11 Schleyerhalle, Stuttgart, DE
10.11 Eishalle Deutweg, Winterthur, SWI
11.11 Zenith, Paris, FR
12.11 Lotto Arena, Antwerp, BEL
14.11 Palasharp, Milan, ITA
16.11 Gasometer, Wien, AUT
17.11 Incheba Hall, Prague, CZ
18.11 Zenith, München, DE
19.11 Columbia Halle, Berlin, DE
22.11 Lisebergshallen, Göteborg, SE

More dates to be announced!

These are the official Dates for the UAT III, coming from the Amon Mainpage btw. nice to look at for this Questions

Yeah, but the dates differ from the ones for example Mastodon have on their page:
http://www.mastodonrocks.com/tour

hence my question if the UA3 will have shows without AA, or if the other dates are yet to be confirmed.
If anyone knows that is.

Slayer haven't even updated their page in regards to the new dates in Prague and Göteborg though.

Slayer suck these days, Trivium suck, and nothing I've heard from Mastodon has impressed me. In other words: SUCKS TO LIVE IN EUROPE FUCKERS