Unholy Alliance 2008

i'll see them in Amsterdam nov 7th, but from what i've heard Amon Amarth will be co-headline the show so i think they will play longer than 30 min. (i'm talking about europe)

It's not the same order in all European countries.

Blabbermouth reports:
>>The UK portion of the tour is co-headlined by SLAYER and TRIVIUM, with SLAYER closing all shows. The mainland Europe portion is headlined by SLAYER, with TRIVIUM as "special guest."<<

stage order in Germany will be as follows:

1. Mastodon
2. Amon Amarth
3. Trivium
4. Slayer

Wouldn't call that "co-headlining" which is a shame, especially with the great success of TOTTG in Europe. Who the f__ck are Trivium? ;-)

a lot of the venues for the uk leg have been downsized due to poor ticket sales.

Glasgow for example. It is the Carling Academy instead of the SECC. But the SECC is a maaaassive venue anyway, last year in the Black Crusade it was only half full and probably the organisers lost money anyway.

We have tickets. :headbang: I can only hope it is not balcony tickets because it is not pleasant if overcrowded.

I could do without seeing trivium and mastodon really.

I could do without seeing trivium and mastodon really.

I'v heard from a couple of people that Mastodon are suppsed to be really great live.

For me, I'm not sure I've even heard anything played from them.

Think I'll check them out during UH3, if nothing else just to make sure whether I do like them or not.

I can't really say I don't like something I've never heard, right?
That would be like the LP-burning fuckers from the 80's claiming all metal was about the devil :p

Mastodon are pretty good live. As unique sounding as the newer albums are I find that kinda stuff pretty boring live, way better just to sit around with friends and get high or smt. Mastodon need to start playing way moar from their first album, so many stupid heavy riffs.

Slayer=many metal heads to hear Amon Amarth but I'd give that money for Amon Amarth being the main atraction... Just not worth the other way around

I would love to see a single Amon Amarth show. I don't want to see Trivium or Mastodon since these bands suck. Big time. Slayer is ok... but far from beings as good as AA.

Germany / Sweden
5:45pm - 6:00pm 15 minutes of fame
6:15pm - 6:45pm Mastodon
7:05pm - 7:55pm AMON AMARTH
8:15pm - 9:00pm Trivium
9:30pm - 11:00pm Slayer

well that's 45 minutes ...

but look at this:

Rest of Europe
5:30pm doors
5:45pm - 6:00pm 15 minutes of fame
6:15pm - 6:45pm AMON AMARTH
7:05pm - 7:55pm Mastodon
8:15pm - 9:00pm Trivium
9:30pm - 11:00pm Slayer

my god, this is not what I call "co-headlining" - and only 30 minutes! F... them!