Unholy Alliance 2008

I Was @ The Show Last Night At The Carling Academy. And The Vikings Truly Took Over Glasgow:headbang: They Were Amazing The Sound, There Stage Presence And Crowd Interaction Was Brilliant. What A Way To Open A Show!!!!! I Can't Wait To See Them Again.. Headlining Where They Should Be

The Dissapointing Bit Was When I Tried To Buy An Amon Amarth T-Shirt After They Had Played. But They Had All Sold Out..:cry:

Trivium Were a Big Let Down The Sound Was Rubbish. It Was Like Drum & Bass. Because That was All I Could Hear And As For The Guitars To Me It Was Like Look What I Can Do And I Bet You Cant:mad:

Mastadon Where A No Show One Of The Band Members Was Ill. A Shame

And What Can I Say About Slayer?? Except Brilliant And Amazing They've still got it After All These Years...:headbang:

:kickass: Skol

I Was @ The Show Last Night At The Carling Academy. And The Vikings Truly Took Over Glasgow:headbang: They Were Amazing The Sound, There Stage Presence And Crowd Interaction Was Brilliant. What A Way To Open A Show!!!!! I Can't Wait To See Them Again.. Headlining Where They Should Be

The Dissapointing Bit Was When I Tried To Buy An Amon Amarth T-Shirt After They Had Played. But They Had All Sold Out..:cry:

Mastadon Where A No Show One Of The Band Members Was Ill. rock::kickass: Skol

Well said brother. I was there too. And in the same situation as I was up in the balcony (first row seat, really comfy, great view) but ended up without a t-shirt :(:(

Good stuff I was sitting down because I would have probably slept through the Trivium set and fallen on my arse had I been down. They were actually booed at some point, whereas the crowd responded really well to Amon Amarth.

I am actually not that fussed about Mastodon not making it. Not that I am happy about other people's misfortunes, but we went to see Amon Amarth and Slayer.

So other than the Merch thing, no complaints from the change of venue. The beer at the SECC tends to be pish and the queues are unbelievable.

Here in Finland AA get to play for 35 minutes and fucking mastodon(srsly WTF?!?! )and trivium get 45 minutes each...
My opinion is that Trivium and Mastofuck can go to hell and instead Amon could go for a 2 hour set and then Slayer..

Here in Finland AA get to play for 35 minutes and fucking mastodon(srsly WTF?!?! )and trivium get 45 minutes each...
My opinion is that Trivium and Mastofuck can go to hell and instead Amon could go for a 2 hour set and then Slayer..

I agree. Only that Amon Amarth should play 3 hours, and Slayer should open up for them :D

I really can't understand all the people that are so upset that AA is touring as non-headliner and not playing long enough.

Be happy they are touring, and don't go if you don't want to.
I haven't heard anyone being put under a gun and forced to pay money to go and see the show.

Just wait until they return for their headlining tour instead.

Jesus...

o people going tonight in the Lotto Arena, check your hours! Your ticket might say 19.00 but the schedule looks like this.

18.00 uur: deuren open
- 18.15 uur: local opener - The Dying (tot 18.30 uur)
- 18.45 uur: Amon Amarth (tot 19.20 uur)
- 19.35 uur: Mastodon (tot 20.15 uur)
- 20.35 uur: Trivium (tot 21.20 uur)
- 21.40 uur: Slayer
- 23.10 uur: verwacht einduur

I went November 7th:

Local band Blind Sight: pretty good!!

Amon Amarth: not really a question is it:p Fucking awesome > I was almost at the front

Mastodon: please kill these guys and let AA play an hour longer, they suck BIG TIME

Trivium: nice perfomance, lots of energy coming from them

Slayer: band of the night, awesome music, awesome videos, awesome everything!!

Overall a perfect night except for Mastosuck:D

Germany & Sweden
5:30pm doors
5:45pm - 6:00pm 15 minutes of fame
6:15pm - 6:45pm Mastodon
7:05pm - 7:55pm AMON AMARTH
8:15pm - 9:00pm Trivium
9:30pm - 11:00pm Slayer

Rest of Europe
5:30pm doors
5:45pm - 6:00pm 15 minutes of fame
6:15pm - 6:45pm AMON AMARTH
7:05pm - 7:55pm Mastodon
8:15pm - 9:00pm Trivium
9:30pm - 11:00pm Slayer

:OMG::OMG::OMG::OMG: what the fuck are these for stage times??? Amon as opener playing 30 minutes???? who needs to get killed for this bullshit??? now Im so glad I didnt buy a ticket... fuckin ridiculous

Saw them tonight at Göteborg.

Awesome fucking show!

If you didn't go, well, too bad fucker, you missed out!

Started with
Death in Fire
then followed with Asator
next Guardians of Asgaard, with LGP as guest vocals, as on the CD
too drunk at the moment (was fairly sober at the show, mind you), but some songs were:
Valhal awaits me, Runes to my memory, Cry of the blackbirds, Twilight of the thunder god, Free will sacrifice
ending with:
Pursuit of vikings

I paid 40€ for this
if those songs with this audio quality and that cowd isn't enough, well, what more can I say?

Tonight was fucking great!

gonna see them tonight in stockholm, can't wait! and i took a free day of for some monday slacking

Can someone tell me which is the song Amon Amarth use as intro on their concert and in which cd can I find it?
Thanks a lot!!!

Can someone tell me which is the song Amon Amarth use as intro on their concert and in which cd can I find it?
Thanks a lot!!!
It's "Amon Amarth", but not the version that you can find on the Once sent from the golden hall album. You can find it on the bonus cd on the Limited Edition Twilight of the thunder god.

Yes but it's a live song, I'd like to have it as studio track, it's not possible to find it around??