Unholy Alliance 2008

Yeah, but the dates differ from the ones for example Mastodon have on their page:
http://www.mastodonrocks.com/tour

hence my question if the UA3 will have shows without AA, or if the other dates are yet to be confirmed.
If anyone knows that is.

Slayer haven't even updated their page in regards to the new dates in Prague and Göteborg though.

I think you can trust the Dates on the Amon page, why should they put Dates on their page, they dont play?

Saw the Unholy Alliance Chapter 2 in Düsseldorf...Cob, In Flames and Lamb Of God were great but Slayer sucked !
AA + Dimmu, where AA performed about 45 minutes and the crowd totally freaked out, AA left the stage -.-
-> Slayer sucks and 30 minutes AA on stage is just unsatisfying ;)

it's looking that way.kind of sucks i would rather see amon amarth headline a tour.not that keen on the other bands.it's going to be very expensive for a 30 minute set.

I totally agree...you are damn right man...

let's face it, this tour it aimed at those that never heard of AA, got to do what you got to do if you want to sell more records
Yeah, true.. It's a good idea, I dont' blame it, but I want another headlining tour because I know that amon amarth rule! :D Don't need to discover it by going to a slayer, mastodon and asstriviumholes concert! 6 songs for too much euros..I've already watch this kind of show with dimmu borgir (40 euros for 6 or 7 AA songs).
I'm sure they'll be doing a headlining tour for the existing fans later on
I hope so.. really...

Sorry I was drunk.
It was 23 euros. :saint: but that night i was so angry that they seemed more than 23 € maybe :heh:

It's the "unholy alliance" this autumn that will cost € 51,75 :OMG: for 30 minutes/ 6 AA songs.

:puke:

Im going anyway. An opening slot for another band will be my first time seeing AA live, and hope there are other dates before the end of the year or soon next year.

For the record, if I wasn't interested in seeing Slayer live (well, my man is REALLY interested in them) I probably would not bother. It was the same with last year's black crusade. Can't stand Arch Enemy but they were on the bill...

I'm assuming Amon Amarth is at least direct support for Slayer. In 2005 when it was AA, Trivium, and Children of Bodom on tour, AA OPENED. I'm sure someone else here remembers being as pissed about that tour as I was.

I wouldn't want to see AA open for Slayer though. They're way too good of a show to be followed by Slayer, who with all respect to their music, could put you to sleep live.

Unholy Alliance this year has a epic bill.. Tom Araya, Johan, Brent hinds.. and Matt Heafy is a decent guitarist , shogun album is alot heavier then all their other shit , to bad it's in europe :mad:, o well i be seeing amon again in 5 days ###

This tour always sucks. Normally only 1 band worth seeing (and not headlining either), expensive tickets, massive crappy venues, big venues = more expensive drinks, mostly annoying fans, blabla. Amon Amarth need to do more win tours like 2/3 years ago. Amon Amarth + Wintersun + Tyr was one of the best gigs I've ever been too, same with Amon Amarth + Gorerotted.

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KmpEGwuF0SQ[/ame]

[ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=75ci2fiSaio[/ame]

Some of the woahing is so off key, haha. I need a time machine to go back to this gig; talking to Jari was brilliant... it was like he had memorized a few phrases in English and that was it.