Unholy Alliance 2008

Well, by my calculations Astrid has now officially surpassed Phelice as UMFAA's most helpful resident female Teuton. ;)

Actually, i can't really say that with Phelice accomodating me during my stay at Bochum and all. I can't thank her enough for that. In fact, Phelice is my hero!

:D

But it must be said, Astrid, that your attention to detail is most admirable. :)

FUCK! I bought my Ticket already for the show in Switzerland (for 80 Franks (ca. 50 euros)) and now what must I read? only 30 min amon amarth? WTF? 50 min would be ok, but 30? that's just not ok for the price...

So I went to the gig last night and Amon Amarth delivered a great performance. The set was TOO short, but I was still happy to see them again. The setlist went something like this:

Death in Fire
Runes To My Memory
Twilight Of The Thunder God
Cry of The Blackbirds
Free Will Sacrifice
The Pursuit Of Vikings

I'm pretty sure they played one more but I can't remember what it was :p
Mastodon were OK, nothing special. Trivium fuckin' SUCKED and I hate them even more now because of the singer...every song they played he wouls say "if you don't move to this song you're not metal" and I was :erk:ing throughout their set. Then Slayer came on and they were great as you would expect.

Oh and I saw Fredrik after the gig by their bus, he said they'll be back in march, and he was nice enough to sign some booklets for me and he got on the bus to let the other guys know we were outside, then both Johans came out, really cool guys.

No guardians of aasgard? fuck, if they have such a short setlist, they shouldn't play the songs they always play...either some new stuff or older stuff...

No guardians of aasgard? fuck, if they have such a short setlist, they shouldn't play the songs they always play...either some new stuff or older stuff...

:lol: I asked Fredrik why they didn't play Guardians of Asgaard and he said that the set was too short and they wouldn't have had time to tune the guitars and stuff.

bring on march.

You can count on me. I've never miss AA in London. I've saw them twice in London (great moment when they keep on Pursuit of the Viking after a amplifier faillure, without any sound) and once in Paris (with Dimmu)

I can't wait for this victorious march month...

I was photographing the Unholy Alliance show at Wolverhampton, and Amon Amarth were superb. You can see some shots of all the bands on the Unholy Alliance tour at www.rocklens.com .. limited edition prints are available if you're looking for Xmas presents!

Here is an interview with Johan after the show in Wolverhampton:

Part 1: [ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB4bLvlXsbA&feature=related[/ame]
Part 2: [ame]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=q8R7RRQo7Fc&feature=related[/ame]

I went to the Apollo last night. Amon Amarth fuckin destroyed all the other bands including slayer. Not that slayer were bad of course!
I have to say Mastodon are the worst live band I have EVER heard, the 15 mins of fame band was better than this! The set list should have gone like this; Mastodon, Trivium, Amon Amarth then Slayer. AA deserved a longer set!

It was still good to see them again. I didn't want to wait till next year to see them play

It was my first opportunity to see amon amarth in England. Are there any up coming tours where AA will headline?

They say they're coming back in march, but they might only play London and they still don't know if they're headlining