Universal Varietism

Blowtus

Jul 14, 2006
Straya
I have been doing a bit of thinking of late, and believe I might have tracked down a singular, fundamental belief, that feels intrinsically valid and when rationally adhered to fits very well with the way I view the world.

Buddism held a strong appeal for the same reason - but the end goal of happyness / enlightenment, felt too pointless and derived purely from our base evolutionary instincts, for me.

The singular belief of my concept is simply 'variety is good'. But it also hinges on a materialistic view of things - ie, variety throughout the universe is good, variety in ones own life is but a tiny, irrelevant speck in the scheme of it all.

Complex structures (life, others?) add variety to a universe that is potentially just simplistic clumps of matter otherwise. The further development of our planets life, to the point where it is at the least safe (asteroid, nuclear war, sun expanding / burning out, etc) and more ideally so it is developing further variety, follows rationally (as far as I can see) from the base belief. We (as humans) are presently the best chance of achieving this, through ordered societies of motivated people working together. Etc.

I post this here for the interest of others, and to have the glaring holes in the rationale, the inherant pointlessness of it all, etc, pointed out to me :) If anyone wants to think of a catchier name and find a horde of followers, that'd be cool too :lol: :lol: