unofficial TSE X40 testing (one-channel ampsim)

The 64 bits version seems to work fine. It sounds great, very modern, saturated & smooth a la 5150, but i feel like it does well without a clean boost in front.

with the Torpedo PI-FREE plugin (poweramp + miking plugin) on some old DIs of mine, punk-rock riff. I like how it sounds :

Single Coil mode :

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15008135/Telecaster FMT Tryout/Djab_WICcapcity_20120707_TSEX40-Single.mp3

Humbucker mode :

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/15008135/Telecaster FMT Tryout/Djab_WICcapcity_20120707_TSEX40-Double.mp3

Full details :

Quick punk-rockish (Wisdom In Chains' "Cap City" riff) tone test with my new guitar : Fender Telecaster Special Edition FMT.
TSEX40 (custom ampsim VST by Onqel) into the Two Notes Torpedo PI-FREE (poweramp + miking sim plugin) with some post-EQ.
One track on each side.
Sloppy playing, old strings.

Amp: TSE X40 • Cab: Marshall 4x12 Slash Signature (software sim) • Speaker: Celestion Vintage 30 (software sim) • Mic: Shure SM57 (software sim) • Guitar: fender telecaster special edition FMT • Pickup: Seymour Duncan SHPGP-1B Pearly Gates Plus (Bridge)

Quick and ruff test... Really dig it the new VST! Good work!

I tested the 64 bits version. I noticed some occasionnal cut offs and sound would come back. Could me my PC with asio4all as I cheated some time from the office to do that! :devil: :loco:

More test to come during the Xmas holiday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick and ruff test... Really dig it the new VST! Good work!

I tested the 64 bits version. I noticed some occasionnal cut offs and sound would come back. Could me my PC with asio4all as I cheated some time from the office to do that! :devil: :loco:

More test to come during the Xmas holiday.

Nice test, but do you know that this X40 was an unfinished proyect from 2012?
People is now testing the x50 v2.0 closed beta and in some days in January 2014 Onquel will be releasing version 2.0 final.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol... I was so excited about this that I haven't read much and this was a "bump from the dead"!!! ha ha ha :loco: :yow:

Sounds more like April fool and then Christmas! Anyway, I had fun.

lol... I was so excited about this that I haven't read much and this was a "bump from the dead"!!! ha ha ha :loco: :yow:

Sounds more like April fool and then Christmas! Anyway, I had fun.

Haha for sure, anyway, take a look at THIS

Here you have the thread

By now it's closed beta only but soon we'll have final version (at prices more than reasonable)!

many people are still requesting this plugin and asking for links on our contact form, i know a lot of you guys have heard about it from this forum since this were the only official place I posted it IIRC,
to bump this thread and posting the official links here are the last X40 builds

32Bit:
http://www.theserinaexperiment.net/plugins/old/TSE_X40_0.6.zip_

64Bit:
www.theserinaexperiment.net/plugins/old/TSE_X40_0.6_x64.zip_

Just remove the underscore and you'll have a zip file to extract :Smokin:

Reactions: State.Of.Chrysalis