unofficial TSE X40 testing (one-channel ampsim)

onqel

Jan 4, 2008
Norway
X40_preview2.png

TSE X40 v0.6 - A quick hybrid between two modern higain amplifiers.

This is so far an unfinished, unofficial, TSE AUDIO plugin,
The C++ library used to build previous plugins is totally rewritten and minimal testing have been done so far.
In other words, use this at your own risk! (I won't recommend using it in an important project with no room for errors)

I need input on this one and I rather have people who want to test it just downloading it rather than asking people over PM's ..
(This is still more similar to the 5150 than the Recto so don't be disappointed if you think it's too similar to the X50)
Anyone who can provide me with a better looking GUI are free to do so, this is only a development gui.. :D

Changes for v0.6:
- Added low/high gain option
- Added a recto tonestack ('voice' switch)
- Added the presence control for the fifty "voice"
- Increased overall output volume.

TSE X40 v0.6 - Win 32bit VST
TSE X40 v0.6 - Win 64bit VST

I've made this just for fun so please report back crashes, strange behaviours etc
Post clips if you test :devil:

-John

^ Works well in REAPER for me.
:/

Quick test of this 'works' in Sonar. But its generally pretty inconsistent. If the project is big and uses a lot of memory, the plugins don't work at all. I love using TSE808, but I pretty much have to set it at the beginning of a project and then forget it, because once the project gets big, just opening the plugin up crashes everything. It's really weird.

Works fine here ( Reaper 32 bit ). So far really liking it, has a smooth character. Now, where's that guy who made the new le456 skin... :D

it sounds awesome! just tried it for a few minutes (going to record something this week, at least I try :D ) and it's great
fitting my style very well-5150 and Recto never statisfied me 100% but this is damn near even without lots of tweaking.
Everything set to 5, Awesometime Impulses, your boost in front and it sounded great.

Sounds good. I think I'd like the option to switch between this tonestack and a more Recto-y tonestack, though. The 5150 sound is just a little tired to me.

Always good to see some new TSE stuff! I tested it out real quick, sounds great! It has a real upper-range bite in the palm-mutes like the X30, which I like!

Morgan C: I'll see what I can do, spent all night reinstalling the windows sdk so I get the 64-bit compiler working.. I don't use 64-bit plugins at the moment so it's never been a priority

metalfanat1c: True..

Anyway thanks for the feedback guys, it helps letting me know what to do next, please continue with that :)

What!?@?! A new ampsim from onqel? Sweet! I thought you were done making ampsims??? What happened?

This is just me trying to have fun modeling again :lol:
Starting now with a small one-channel amp, free to do what I want without worrying about it not being accurate enough to be anything

This is just me trying to have fun modeling again :lol:
Starting now with a small one-channel amp, free to do what I want without worrying about it not being accurate enough to be anything

You gotta love what you do, and if it becomes unfun, it's not worth doing. Follow your heart. Just realize there are many of us out here that do not have your capabilities. I can't program myself out of a paper bag, and we really, really appreciate all the effort you put into this work. It really shows.

I just really want to say thank you for all your hard work. You rock!