TSE X50 v1.0

Is it possible to control the amp pots with a Korg NanoKontrol by mapping them to the physical knobs ?

It's a feature Reason has that I couldn't find in Reaper yet. (Could bind the faders too, etc.. ?)

In the plugin window, click Param and navigate to Learn, then choose which setting you want to control. All you have to do from there is turn the knob you want to use and it should be set up.

New X50 is great! what impulses/settings are you guys using w/the new x50?

i found Mk1 w/Andy Sneap 5150 setting and Redwirez MESA sm57 cap 0 works well

Someone asked for Andy Sneap MK 1 settings
here you go

Here's a 5150 mark 1 setting by Andy Sneap:

Lead channel
Pre 11 oclock
Low 1 oclock ish
Mid 9 oclock ish
High 11.30ish
Post 9.30, 10 oclock
Res 2 oclock
Pres 3 o clock

Tube screamer
Drive 9 oclock
Tone 11 oclock
Level 12 o clock

Don't stop updating so that lazy people don't have to spend a few seconds moving files on a screen man! What're a few seconds compared to the hours you put in?

Don't stop updating so that lazy people don't have to spend a few seconds moving files on a screen man! What're a few seconds compared to the hours you put in?

Don't bother trying to rationalize it, no matter what you do some people will complain and raise hell. This is what happens when you feed cake to peasants.

Thanks so much Onqel, I really appreciate your continued work ethic. Haven't gotten the chance to use 1.0.2. yet, but I hope to soon. Thanks!

. i'm actually looking forward to every update. Means the x50 is just going to get bigger and better.

Is it possible to control the amp pots with a Korg NanoKontrol by mapping them to the physical knobs ?

It's a feature Reason has that I couldn't find in Reaper yet. (Could bind the faders too, etc.. ?)
Yes

In the VST window you have a box "Param", if you're using a bridged plugin it is in the window inside reaper, not the bridged plugin window (with the GUI). It is next to the router box "2 in 2 out", "UI", the pan knob etc.

You move or touch the parameter you want to assign
Clic on "Parameter" (it shows : last parameter : the one you just moved)
Clic on Learn
assign it to the midi CC you want
Alias Parameter is to rename the parameter if the VST has confusing names

That should be it !

Seriously how can this be free? Some people dare to sell mediocre impulses,drum samples or ampsims ....and you Onqel just give us for free such quality plugins?! You freaking rock dude!

Seriously how can this be free? Some people dare to sell mediocre impulses,drum samples or ampsims ....and you Onqel just give us for free such quality plugins?! You freaking rock dude!

It is beerware not freeware! :kickass: :)

This new version 1.0.2 its great man. It doesnt suck a lot of ram as the previous versions, even with my old computer I can open 4 tracks, which is quite great.

I did a quick test:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1457645/tsx50.mp3

Thanks a lot for your effort onqel

Great tone Man!

Here is my last test with the last Ola Englund DIs
I wish I had an amp like that Randall Satan at home but TSE X50 is doing a great job :D

Last edited by a moderator: