TSE X50 v1.0

Really liking the sound of the v1.0 and the new BOD v2.0 is really really sick, sounds so much smoother now, however the x50 is crashing my Sonar X2a very frequently (~every 10-15mins), I'm not too sure how to recreate the problem. I'm only using the TSE808 v2.0 > x50 v1.0 > KeFir IR loader, both TSE's are x64

Beer purchased! I only wish it could have been a whole keg. x50 has been my "go-to" sim when tracking, and on more than a few occasions has ended up in the final mix. I still love the x30 as well.

update: TSE X50 is updated from v1.0 to version 1.0.1
Changes done by January 1st 2013:
- Fixed wrong mid-potentiometer value from 25k to 50k. More mids (A very stupid mistake actually)
- Fixed triode load impedance issue. Amp has now more gain
- Modified grid current model for triodes
+ smaller overall fixes after getting new reamps. Thanks to JakeAC5253 and Red Phoenix!

http://www.tseaudio.com/software.html

More updates will be done, this one takes care of the most important changes.. I think I made changes to the tonestack while working on the X40-project, I should have noticed it before releasing.
I think JakeAC5253's amp sounds brighter with his Ruby tubes compared to Red Phoenix's, the X50 sounds is a little darker than both of the reamps

@onqel I, I love you man!

are there any plans for other amp/pedal sims?

The midpot value change is pleasant for the ears. It wasn't noticeable at first in v1.0 but after a while playing through the sim it hurt in the ears with my normal amp setting..now its closer to my real preamp while playing. It would be nice if you could also get the higher frequency response closer to the real thing..its really a bit dark compared even to my preamp with dark sounding tubes :D But i guess when you make it brighter the sim may sound worse..sims always have problems with unpleasant highs..they make them sound unreal and thin.

The midpot value change is pleasant for the ears. It wasn't noticeable at first in v1.0 but after a while playing through the sim it hurt in the ears with my normal amp setting..now its closer to my real preamp while playing. It would be nice if you could also get the higher frequency response closer to the real thing..its really a bit dark compared even to my preamp with dark sounding tubes :D But i guess when you make it brighter the sim may sound worse..sims always have problems with unpleasant highs..they make them sound unreal and thin.

Thanks for the feedback! I will have to modify my tubemodel to do this, but the goal here is to get it more accurate anyway so that's no problem for me ;)

Onqel : when do you plan to release the OSX versions of X50, BOD and 808 approximatively ?

it is just for my information. because i'm planning to do recordings and I wonder if I should wait for the releases to begin my mixing.

Thanks.

Does the Red Channel MK2 really that differ from MK1? I never played a real MK2. But the difference in the sim is obvious...

Everyone, please buy this guy a beer, he really deserves it for all his hard work. I know I'm buying onquel a xxl beer when the mac version is released.:kickass:

So I'm still trying to improve this as I want it to be similar to the 5150 ..

Here's some clips for the next update (1.0.2) .. One side is 6505 and one side is X50, IR used are GuitarHack's "EDGE-1 Inch ala Sneap pic.wav"
(preamp only)

Test A - All knobs at noon
Test B - Bass max
Test C - Pregain/Bass max
Test D - Pregain max - bass min
Test E - Pregain/Bass min

The reamps used in this test are the ones Red Phoenix made for me ..
Unfortunately the green channel has some bad artefacts and shit so I have to do some work on that one as well..