TSE X50 v1.0

onqel

Jan 4, 2008
Norway
update: TSE X50 is updated from v1.0.1 to version 1.0.2
Changes done by January 6 2013:
v1.0.2
- PowerAmp, Made a change that affects the negative feedback loop (balance, LowEnd/Presence)
- Remodeled 3 triode stages for more accuracy
- New smaller change in tonestack
- A change in triode model with respect to the miller effect
- Made changes to improve DAW stability issues
+ smaller overall fixes after getting new reamps. Thanks to JakeAC5253 and Red Phoenix!
http://www.tseaudio.com/software.html

X50small.png

32+64bit version win vst, OS X version will be made when I know there's no serious bugs on this one.
Will do some more updates when I get some feedback on this thing, I already know of a few things that could be better but I just had to stop messing with it and release it.. :kickass:
This one took me a whole lot of time to get "right", but it's still just a ampsim, with a lot of code inside :saint:

Make sure you read the manual because of the potential high volumes when disabling poweramp with very high post gain settings.
http://www.tseaudio.com/software.html (if you can't find it, refresh the page)

I was just at your site and saw this release... THANKS!!!

You make incredible plugs, thanks for all the love and hard work you put into your creations..

~scott

TSE X50 is updated from beta to version 1.0

X50small.png

32+64bit version win vst, OS X version will be made when I know there's no serious bugs on this one.
Will do some more updates when I get some feedback on this thing, I already know of a few things that could be better but I just had to stop messing with it and release it.. :kickass:
This one took me a whole lot of time to get "right", but it's still just a ampsim, with a lot of code inside :saint:

Make sure you read the manual because of the potential high volumes when disabling poweramp with very high post gain settings.
http://www.tseaudio.com/software.html (if you can't find it, refresh the page)

NOW you are My OWN SANTA!!!

I always loved the B3. That's even better. Thank you!

What have you done?! This is 50x better than B3, even though B3 was my favorite sim of all time! I had to kill the 1-2khz range on B3 all the time, but v1.0 has it smoothed out on both red channels! :D B3 was the tightest ampsim I've ever tried, but now, with v1.0 I don't even have to use a screamer anymore, and even if I do, the combination doesn't create that dodgy attack in the 1-2khz range!

Onqel you are absolutely the man. Best amp sim I've used hands down. The Green channel is much improved over B3 as well I think, much more true to the original amp. The best thing I like about your sims, I don't know how you do it, but I can dial your sim a certain way, and it sounds like the amp does with those settings. I've never used an amp sim before that actually dialed like the amp it modeled. If Peavey can ask for $250 for fucking Revalver, you deserve some payment for your continued effort with your amp sims. Expect a paypal donation soon, and I don't even use amp sims :)

That's all the new x50 right there.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, I didn't expect that at all :D Thank you guys, it means a lot to me that you appreciate my work!

There's not much left of the code I used in the B3 version, I realize it's been a while since I uploaded the beta version, 20 months? ..
To be honest I never thought I was able to finish it, there's been months where I haven't touched it at all because I was sick of never getting where I wanted it to be, it's still not there in my opinion.. I finally decided to stop and release it, I must have OCD or something :p

phisk: I haven't been hospitalized yet because of drinking too much beer :p I work better after a beer, it relieves a lot of stress.. hehe!

Wow, OSX versions of both X30 and the BOD! I can't think of how many times I asked you for osx version of your plugins last year. Thanks a lot Onqel!

I have been playing thru X50 the entire day today and it is the only amp sim that doesn't make me just want to turn off the computer and blast my neighbors into a 5150 induced coma.

In other words, X50 is stupid close to the real thing and is by far the best amp sim I've played through :hotjump:

Sounds really awesome. I have yet to see how it will turn out in a mix! Up until now I have been living by X50 and X30. Even used those two on the official demo releases of my band and still love them - And at home I jam with the X40. Not to mention that BOD and TSE808 are in constant use anyway. These are top of the line plugins.