TSE X50 v1.0

Hello guys!.
I'm completely new to using computer software and I would gladly take advice. I use a Line6 ux2. How do I use this x50 amp? I've read that Pod-farm sucks and that it cost money to "unlock" metal amps.
I've downloaded the x50 but it just seems to be some kind of an add-on to another program?

Please help me out, I'm really eager to try this out.

*EDIT*

After some research I've found out that you need an ampsim. But many posts are outdated, can you recommend a userfriendly, free ampsim that I can download? Or someone that can point me in any direction here? I just discovered there's a whole new world out here and everything is so new to me. I really didn't like PodFarm from Line-6. I want to be able to record with my computer and have a good variety of metal sounds.
Very thankful for some help!

Hello guys!.
I'm completely new to using computer software and I would gladly take advice. I use a Line6 ux2. How do I use this x50 amp? I've read that Pod-farm sucks and that it cost money to "unlock" metal amps.
I've downloaded the x50 but it just seems to be some kind of an add-on to another program?

*EDIT*

After some research I've found out that you need an ampsim. But many posts are outdated, can you recommend a userfriendly, free ampsim that I can download? Or someone that can point me in any direction here? I just discovered there's a whole new world out here and everything is so new to me. I really didn't like PodFarm from Line-6. I want to be able to record with my computer and have a good variety of metal sounds.

Try the TSE X50. Failing that, Google, your eyes and your literary skills.

Hello guys!.

*EDIT*

TSE X50 is the amp sim. It is a .dll file, a plugin that you paste into your plugins folder. There's no stand alone version like Pod Farm so you need a DAW to open it. It works as an insert in your channels but you also need an impulse loader after the sim to simulate cab+mic. Google "keFir", it's free and there are tons of free impulses out there easy to find.

TSE X50 is the amp sim. It is a .dll file, a plugin that you paste into your plugins folder. There's no stand alone version like Pod Farm so you need a DAW to open it. It works as an insert in your channels but you also need an impulse loader after the sim to simulate cab+mic. Google "keFir", it's free and there are tons of free impulses out there easy to find.

Ah yes. I meant DAW when I said ampsim.. So I downloaded Reaper. And along with it I downloaded KeFir impulse loader and some ampsims, one is the TSE X50.

What I don't understand is that you need to put them inside a folder named "VstPlugins" which I don't have. I have a folder named Plugins so maybe I shall try there?

It's really hard getting started when you know nothing :/ many guides seem so unsimple to look at as well.

Ah yes. I meant DAW when I said ampsim.. So I downloaded Reaper. And along with it I downloaded KeFir impulse loader and some ampsims, one is the TSE X50.

What I don't understand is that you need to put them inside a folder named "VstPlugins" which I don't have. I have a folder named Plugins so maybe I shall try there?

It's really hard getting started when you know nothing :/ many guides seem so unsimple to look at as well.

I won't be home soon so I can't check how I got it. If I'm not mistaken, you can set any path you like for plugins in the configuration menus, so you basically paste the path/paths where your plugins are stored like C:\Program Files\Plugins something like that, then save these options and restart Reaper.

I won't be home soon so I can't check how I got it. If I'm not mistaken, you can set any path you like for plugins in the configuration menus, so you basically paste the path/paths where your plugins are stored like C:program FilesPlugins something like that, then save these options and restart Reaper.

Within it's Options, Reaper always you to set multiple folders as locations for VSTs which it will scan while opening. I have my own preference for a VST folder which is simply "C:\VST Plugins\" - I created this folder and this is the folder I specify Reaper to scan (amongst some others for various reasons).

Use a semi-colon between folder paths to add multiple locations.

Hey. I love the X50 bro. Don't get me wrong...it's great. But the X30 is still my go-to amp sim for heavy stuff. Is there ANY chance that you might update it again in the future? It still gets much love around these parts.

You are the worst person in the world for making me think this was bumped because the OSX version was out. The absolute worst.

I don't know about the X30, I'm not doing much work on my modeling lately.. But I'll be making a dedicated thread for the OSX version when I feel its done

New version is killer, but having one funky issue. Impulse choices are not staying the same after saving a project (Reaper) and reopening. Seem be going back to defaults each time. Anybody else having a similar issue?

Love the new impulses... just wished they'd stay the same between sessions...
I'm going to have a run with new versio later this day, but it would be weird if bug like that slipped by Onquel. Maybe you meant that cab selected resets when you are starting new project? If so you need to put your setup as default (either for DAW or inside TSEx50).

I'm going to have a run with new versio later this day, but it would be weird if bug like that slipped by Onquel. Maybe you meant that cab selected resets when you are starting new project? If so you need to put your setup as default (either for DAW or inside TSEx50).

After playing with it some more, it looks like this is only happening for the new IRs (Chop Tones). If you select one of those, save your project, exit and come back in - it'll reset to the def IR in Kalthallen Cabs (Kc MesOS -Dyn57-04B). Looks like the others are ok. Reaper (32x), Windows 7.

I'm sorry about the Choptones IR bug, thanks for letting us know schust! A updated version with this issue fixed will be available soon

I'm sorry about the Choptones IR bug, thanks for letting us know schust! A updated version with this issue fixed will be available soon
Thanks John. Enjoying the new release. Sounds better than ever.. You must have tweaked some internal stuff? ALL the IRs sound before than it was before (if that's possible!).

Got to say this HM-2 sim delivered up to my expectation. I have Thermionic one and it somewhat has THAT sound, but TSEx50v2 did it better to the point I like what I'm getting out.
Also, I'm surprised that I like Choptones IRs which I didn't expect from sim preset selling company but they hit the spot.

Last edited: