Unreal Tournament 2004 RETAIL!!!!

xenophobe

May 17, 2002
SF Bay Area
I just finished playing a game...

O M F G!!!!

It rules... Best thing ever.

As I was setting to 1600x1200 and all the details to MAX, a big booming loud voice said "OOOOOH SHIT" before I was done...

Anyways, I'm =UM=xenophobe

Get in a game!!! :loco:

Where'd you get yours from xeno?

Some people I know in the UK are getting theirs today from amazon, but I emailed them and they said dispatch date for me will be the 21st or something. So I switched to play.com who still say the 19th. God knows when it'll arrive. :erk:

Oh, and i've got to go home for two damn weeks on the weekend, so I won't be able to play the damn thing anyway!

:yell: :yell: :yell:

Oh yeah, something interesting has been happening since UT2k4's release. Is anyone here registered at the unrealtournament.com boards? Atari and Epic are taking serious flak about the game already.

Dozens upon dozens of users have reported the following severe technical problems;

-Decrease in FPS from demo

-Massively increased loading times (up to four minutes in some cases)

-Non-existent cheat protection; speedhacks and aimbots previously available since before the game went gold have been seen multiple times within hours of the game being released, on epic's official servers no less.

-Copy protection making the game actually un-installable on many dvd drives.

-Missing CD keys, and copy protection again making key verification a rather random process.

-Zero technical support from Atari or Epic. The only useful official response anyone has gotten is, literally, to download a warez no-cd hack whenever it becomes available.

It's absolutely astonishing. I will be extremely furious if any of that shit happens to me.

Well, there are a lot higher resolution modes, as well as more detailed textures and sound files... so some people might have figured they were maxed on the demo, and tried to do the same thing with the retail version.

The cheaters DO suck though. That's about the only thing I can complain about. :(

SculptedCold said:
Oh yeah, something interesting has been happening since UT2k4's release. Is anyone here registered at the unrealtournament.com boards? Atari and Epic are taking serious flak about the game already.

Dozens upon dozens of users have reported the following severe technical problems;

-Decrease in FPS from demo

-Massively increased loading times (up to four minutes in some cases)

-Non-existent cheat protection; speedhacks and aimbots previously available since before the game went gold have been seen multiple times within hours of the game being released, on epic's official servers no less.

-Copy protection making the game actually un-installable on many dvd drives.

-Missing CD keys, and copy protection again making key verification a rather random process.

-Zero technical support from Atari or Epic. The only useful official response anyone has gotten is, literally, to download a warez no-cd hack whenever it becomes available.

It's absolutely astonishing. I will be extremely furious if any of that shit happens to me.
......... none of these have been problems for me.

anyways.... this game KILLS!

and i got the "oh shit!" too when i was bumping up the graphics.... they are AMAZING.... DM-Inferno = :OMG: , among many others....

Just played the demo a few times, that's pretty fun. Maybe if I get any good I'll buy the retail version and tag along someday soon. :D

That's an actual location taken from the retail AS-Junkyard, which was originally going to be called AS-Goat SE. The above pic is photoshopped for colour though, the real map looks like this;

AS-Goat.jpg

Still funkay though. =)

Well it is in the full retail game, it's probably just not very clear or obvious at first. =) And I suppose the fact that there aren't legs, hanging bollocks in the background, arms and a back means the effect isn't entirely complete. ;o)

If any of you could definately confirm that's an area of architecture in AS-Junkyard, that'd be cool. =) I'm assuming the eccentrics on the tourney boards aren't hoaxing about it, hehe.

that kind of detail quality and resolution is useless in online play, all that counts is fps. i set everything to minimum when i played the demo, i haven't got any super specs but i would have done the same had i had a massive rig :)

spaffe said:
that kind of detail quality and resolution is useless in online play, all that counts is fps. i set everything to minimum when i played the demo, i haven't got super specs but i would have done the same had i had a massive rig :)
are you so sure about that? i have everything set to max on my super specs comp and it runs awesome.... the graphics are one of the best parts of this game.