Unreleased song from my band/MELODIC HARDCORE

I like the mix a lot. I wish i could get the bass to stand out like that. Also what drum samples are you using? Sounds like SSD, but I'm probably wrong.

Also, how did you fade out the drums? I can't figure out how to do it on logic since im running each drum piece through an individual aux channel connected to kontakt. When I try to fade out the kontakt channel, nothing happens.

Thanks Chris, I'm glad you like it. I used a combination of superior drummer 2 and SSD samples for drums, but you mostly hear the SSD. To fade out, I just automated it to fade out, the A button will by default bring up the volume track, and from there you can automate it to get louder or quieter or whatever you want. AeonSpoke, your mix sounds pretty good for mixing on laptop speakers.

Thanks Chris, I'm glad you like it. I used a combination of superior drummer 2 and SSD samples for drums, but you mostly hear the SSD. To fade out, I just automated it to fade out, the A button will by default bring up the volume track, and from there you can automate it to get louder or quieter or whatever you want. AeonSpoke, your mix sounds pretty good for mixing on laptop speakers.

Automation won't work for me for some reason :c

Only on my midi drum track it won't work I mean.

Also, really digging this song. It kind of reminds me of the newest Hast the Day record. Great stuff.

Thanks a lot Aeon, that's a huge compliment. My band is in my sig if you didn't see :) I also liked your mix, I wish i could afford SSD...trying to make the best out of the joey samples, I can't seem to get the amount of "oomph" and fatness out of it that kick 10 has though.
Also, is there any other way to fix the system overload problem Cory? I turned down all my settings and It just doesn't matter. I fixed the skipping by increasing buffer size, but my drum samples are causing a system overload, but only when i start playing it from the beginning of the drum programming. If i start in the middle of it, it doesn't overload. I'm also now getting some lag/delay when i try to move the tracks and perform tasks on logic. Any ideas? :(

SSD is pretty worthwhile, but it's pretty much to the point of superior drummer, a lot of people can go "oh that's slate" but it won't really matter to the average listener. Joey's samples are good, I also have the the truth custom set, but it feels too pre-eq'ed for my tastes. That's weird that you're getting overload and lag issues again. Make sure there aren't multiple copies of tracks or anything like that. What version of logic are you running?

This is my latest mix. My friend advised me to let off on the compressors, I was overdoing it lol, so now I'm trying to only focus on mixing until It's at a stage where I master it and know how to. Since this new one isn't really mastered (i'm just running a multipressor and compressor on the master bus) it's way quieter than the rest of the uploads, but I feel like mix wise, it's much more balanced. I also tried adding in "gunshot snares" but i feel like the snare echo on them has an annoying overtone but i don't know how to get rid of it. Also, I put a reverse vocal swell right at the start, a possibility for when we have vocals for this song. Anyways, enough blabbing, here it is. Tell me what you think.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8879741/red n white new mix 2.mp3

Thanks a lot man! Wouldn't of gotten that sound without the help from people on the forum! As soon as we write vox for it we'll record them :)

Djentleman91, your mix sounds muffled in a strange way, like the whole mix is hi-passed, but I really like the bass guitar in your mix. Chris, would you mind if I used your track for my portfolio, with credit/link to you naturally?

Djentleman91, your mix sounds muffled in a strange way, like the whole mix is hi-passed, but I really like the bass guitar in your mix. Chris, would you mind if I used your track for my portfolio, with credit/link to you naturally?

That would be fine with me Cory! The credit/link would be appreciated.