Praetorian

don't lose ur head
Feb 14, 2002
hells kitchen
Visit site
NEIL TURBIN
THREATCON DELTA
© 2003 Metal Mayhem Music

After such a long time without hearing Neil Turbin’s vocals on a metal album, I was REALLY hungry to hear this album. THREATCON DELTA is the name if this metal gem, and it is a full force of metal madness. Complete with lyrics, some photos, and the NT logo reminiscent of the New York Mets’ logo, THREATCON DELTA has it all. Put the CD in, press play, and listen….

The sirens go off…the atmosphere builds & the anticipation grows. “Wake Up Call” is an introduction the leads into the first bone crushing song. Blasting into “Cut To The Chase”, the latest offering from legendary vocalist Neil Turbin provides a throat choking, head banging metal masterpiece. “Cut…” is a great album opener with speedy palm muting on guitar, amazing solo work, and hints of Neil’s signature belting scream.

“What You Can’t Control” has an awesome sing-a-long chorus; the whole song is a roller coaster ride of speed metal fury! The drum work here is killer and works tightly with the bass guitar. Reminiscent of his old Anthrax tunes, “What…” is a nice nod to Neil’s roots.

neilturbinthreatcondelta.jpg
“Sick Of It All” is an aggressive/angry song, incorporating some distorted vocal lines, adding to the complete feel of this song. A raw and slow song, “Sick…” shows how Neil can still bring it down a notch and still kicks your ass.

“Keep The Fire” KICKED MY ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This song FUCKING RULES. Neil REALLY sings his heart into this song; a metal anthem with POWER, EMOTION, and a chorus that cannot be ignored. Soaring guitar solos really emphasize the power in this song. This song was played several times before the next was played, and with good reason. See for yourself!!!!

“The Truth Is The Best Lie” is another song with a sing-along chorus and killer lyrics.
Dealing the had line is a dangerous game
Those poisonous minds in a world of pain
The moment of truth, well it’s all the same
You’re trapped in your mind and there’s no escape
Closing off with Neil’s scream, “The Truth…” kicks ass.

My favorite song off this album, “Blue Screen Of Death”, has it all!!! Opening with chugging guitar, then BLASTS into Neil’s SCREAM!!! An impressive opening, this song continues with its excellence, keeping in great time and melody. Evil and powerful lyrics dominate!! You cannot help but to bang your head ‘till it falls off!!! More melodic singing and screams are executed while the chorus is sung in backup by the rest of the band. Absolutely killer!!! This song is reminiscent of “Metal Thrashing Mad” from Anthrax. Try NOT to listen to this song only once…CAN’T BE DONE!!!!!

“Dolly Dagger”, which is a Jimi Hendrix cover, is a nice nod to the past and to Neil’s influences.

“Rat Race” keeps a good beat, melody, and time signature. With guitar licks in just the right places, “Rat…” once again shows how THREATCON is PACKED with awesome metal anthems. This song cannot be skipped!!

“Vigilante Justice” is more heavy rock orientated, in vein of old-school Riot. A very in-your-face feeling is presented here, and shows again how Turbin can hold his own on more than just thrash metal.

“Touch Too Much” has a nice beat to it, but it’s not one of my favorite songs. This song has too much of an 80’s hair metal feel to it, much like what I would expect from Kiss or Warrant. I don’t really like this song, so it gets skipped…sorry.

“Wrecking Ball” is more heavy rock orientated, with a more than slight 80’s feel to it. This is most likely a song from the “unknown era” of Neil’s career, which I know nothing of. Keeping a nice flow and beat, “Wrecking…” incorporated some blues and rock and does a decent job of it. Not bad!!

neilturbinfirelogo.jpg
“Dog Eat Everything” (not Anthony Eat Everything…LOL) opens with accelerated guitar work, putting you back into the fast lane. This song has a GREAT breakdown & chorus. Turbin sings his ass off, and the metal reigns supreme here.

Tearin’ though silence is a dangerous sound
Screaming bloody hell thrashin’ like a hound
Ready to devour storming the gates
Unless you’re the lead dog the view’s all the same
Yet another head banging masterpiese!!!

“Piece Of Me” has some great screaming guitar and heavy melody. The pace is swift and goes for the throat. Once more, a sing along chorus is offered. A very nice way to end the album, leaving the listener wanting more!!

THREATCON DELTA is a GREAT “Welcome Back Neil Turbin” album to me. I’ve missed his voice & this album shows he’s alive, kicking ass, and taking no prisoners. Leaving his Anthrax days behind, THREATCON is in NO WAY a “Metal Thrashing Mad” PART II…it’s a modern-day power/thrash metal album with some very nice nods to past memories of screams and beats. Hear your “Wake Up Call”…get THREATCON DELTA…it will kick your ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rating- 9.5 of 10

www.neilturbin.com Review by - Anthony DeLuca