Until the Light Takes Us (Black Metal Movie Premiering in LA on 10/31)

Leave the rotting corpse that is Black Metal in the grave. I don't mean to say that we shouldn't appreciate the genre and the works from the past. But for me, I'm tired of seeing these burnouts live in the past and soak up every last drop of their past glories.

Let's look towards the future with some new ideas and music and pay notice to those bands that are trying something new.

Fuck off.

I'll go see if it spreads nationwide and comes here, though it probbaly won't but if it does I'll be paying money to see it. :)

I personally think this doco will be ok. It seems to have been made with more of a budget than other ones have. I'm looking fwd to to it... just waiting for a copy of it to appear online and then finally a DVD release...

Yeah! With your strange, numerical name, and your pessimistic attitude!

On the contrary. I probably have the most upbeat attitude here. While I'm looking towards a future beyond Black Metal, which I think is possible, all of you are living in the past.

Tell me, are you going to feel the same way ten years later, when there is another documentary that will be a carbon copy of this one, except for the musicians being in wheelchairs this time around?

For your sake, I hope not.

In 10 years, those musicians will be in their 40's. I doubt they're going to be in wheelchairs, and nobody but you seems to think they're too old. You are being very negative, even if you think otherwise.

In 10 years, those musicians will be in their 40's. I doubt they're going to be in wheelchairs, and nobody but you seems to think they're too old. You are being very negative, even if you think otherwise.

The wheelchair comment was a bit sarcastic. My point was made though.

And if you could explain how what I said was a negative outlook, please tell me why. I'm all about constructive criticism, yet blanket statements are a waste of time.