Unused Gus G DOUBLE NECK! guitar for sale

Firewind Wiki

Army of one
Feb 8, 2010
Internet
I've got a huge love for double neck guitars, and I'm always looking for new pictures of them. So I stumbled across this picture:

esp_viper_double_neck_electric_guitar_1_.jpg

It's a picture of a ESP viper (basic the same as a Gibson SG) double neck which was shown at NAMM 1997 with the following story attached to it:

This guitar was built in 1996/1997 by ESP to show at the 1997 NAMM show. The guitar was then brought back to the ESP N Hollywood offices. The story is a number of years later Gus G of Firewind and Ozzy wanted it so it was given to Gus G to use. Ozzy took a look at it and insisted it be painted black instead of its original red color. After the new paint it was not used by anybody, I think it was not done in time for the tour or some plans changed. I was able to find one small blemish on the back side of the body. I picked it up direct from the ESP warehouse on 11/28/2012 in its brand new condition and case. The techs at ESP had just completed a full new setup and checked everything over.

So this guitar was meant for Gus and it's for sale. I can't confirm if this story is true but if so this is a real nice guitar to have, the only strange thing is that it has EMG's in the bottom but that is easily fixed with a set of Gus' blackouts. I don't have to money for it but if any of you guys are interested in it go for it! Personally I would like to see this end up in the hands of a person who can appreciate the story behind this guitar.