UP THE IRONS!

Sneap's work is fine for some bands, but CLEARLY not for others (witness his disatrous relationship with Opeth, via their "Deliverance" album). Maiden's current "airy", organic sound is a breath of fresh air next to the clinical, suffocating Sneap sound. His vision works wonders for Exodus and similar "uber guitar heavy" bands, but just doesn't "make sense" for Maiden. Maiden's just never been one of those bands.....and they're all the better for it.

The first half of the disc is uninspired. El dorado is the low point... But every single one of the last 5 tracks is an utterly massive slab of awesomeness. I love them all, especially The Talisman and Where The Wild Wind Blows...

OMG Where The Wild Wind Blows is marvelous... I hope they play it live!

The first half of the disc is uninspired. El dorado is the low point... But every single one of the last 5 tracks is an utterly massive slab of awesomeness. I love them all, especially The Talisman and Where The Wild Wind Blows...

I've listened to the last 5 songs again seeing your enthusiasm and I gotta say that I barely stood out for those 45 minutes... :ill: Too repetitive and stretched, no hooks or anything that grabs me, couldn't call it inspired either. You could say we disagree a wee bit... :D

p.s. although I've heard very few great material in the past 15 years I still somehow feel I at least owe them a listen, hoping that something good would come up...

New album is boring as hell. Just one very good song "The alchemist". A couple of OK tunes like "The talisman" and a lot of average or below stuff.

About Kevin Shirley, in my opinion, he´s not the root of all evil. It´s Harris problem!! Shirley has made excellent works with Journey, Rush, some Led Zep stuff,... but if you have Harris besides it´s difficult deciding.

Iron Maiden: the only band in the world where the bass sounds louder than 3 guitars :yow:

Shirley has made excellent works with Journey, Rush, some Led Zep stuff,... but if you have Harris besides it´s difficult deciding.

And Dream Theater, but maybe that's the point. The guy works for prog/rock bands not metal (specially one coming from NWOBHM).
On the other hand I also believe that is about Harris and composition. No producer can save a bad composition, even PM74 have to agree with me :D

The new album is Ok, but I agree with most that the production(especially Bruce's vocals) is not very good. I actually like the first half of the album better and like the opener of Satellite 15.:loco: I hate all the long intros on the second half. I spent a little time editing the songs down and messing with the speed, pitch and EQ in Audacity. I posted a few on Youtube.

Last edited by a moderator: