Upcoming Games of '08

I've headed out to googleton and they're saying this patapon is from the creators of Loco Roco?! I fuckin' loved that retarded game (LR). Been playing it a lot when I was under heavy medication.

Fallout III will be the only game I go out and buy probably. I only have a PC and PS2, no other newer systems, so that leaves me fairly stranded.

But I've loved every other Fallout game (except for one that I never played for a console I think? I guess it was shitty). Thus, I MUST own it.

Fable 2 looks promising, but it'll come out on 360 way before PC I'm sure.

How about a Clive Barker game that DOESNT suck next year?

I can't find the other video game thread, so I'll put this here.

I found a deal on an xBox 360 with 7 or 8 games and two controllers for $275. It's got the big hard drive and I'm not sure what generation it is. I'm pretty sure it is, but do you think this is a good deal? Is it still worth it if it's a first gen?

might want to add Borderlands, not a lot on it right now but there was a article on it in game informer last year and it sounds like the mother of all FPS RPG's. over 5,000,000 guns and armor, huge world, lots of vehicles, awesome multiplayer concept.

Does that have online? What console?

Hey I just noticed Anvil took the time to put each thing with a link! Such hard work doesn't go unappreciated!

Viking:Battle for Asgard looks disappointing to be honest. Like a Fable clone.

how was fable 1 disappointing?

I found a deal on an xBox 360 with 7 or 8 games and two controllers for $275. It's got the big hard drive and I'm not sure what generation it is. I'm pretty sure it is, but do you think this is a good deal? Is it still worth it if it's a first gen?

??

Yea that's a deal, as long as it's not broken.

The Force Unleashed my next calling. I've been waiting for a good Star Wars game since Jedi Knight Academy.

Well I bought that xbox and it only came with 5 games... only one of which I really care for (Gears of War). The guy I got it from said he's only played it 20 times or so. It still has all the packaging and so far it works like a charm. Hopefully the red ring of death is a ways off heh. Does every first gen console eventually get the red ring?

I'll tell you what will stink with Starcraft that Relic fixed with Warhammer 40k:

- Even if it's a game, there's some realistic touche with Warhammer: an infantry squad will have much trouble taking down a tank, you'll need special equipment or an anti-tank to take it out. With Starcraft, throw some zerglings on a tank and they might destroy it (lol yeah right)

- Lack of randomness with Starcraft. Come on... a friggin huge battlecruiser can only focus fire on 1 target at a time. With warhammer, some vehicules or squads could attack multiple targets at once. (like the Tau hammerhead gunship).

One thing Starcraft 2 might do better: no more unit caps (about time)