Upcoming gigs you are going to..

How was it?

Blood Incantation was fucking fantastic; they slay live. It was my second time seeing them, but first time getting a proper set. (The first time I saw them was at a festival and they had some technical delays in the beginning, which ate into their set time.) Highly, highly recommended.

I hadn't heard (or of) Qrixkuor before that show. Super murky, kinda Grave Miasma or Impetuous Ritual-esque. The songs blended together, though that may have only been due to sound system, but the drummer was wicked good.

Triumvir Foul is coming into their own, their second album, Spiritual Bloodshed, is already a noticeable step up from their debut in terms of songwriting.

^Do report back how Morbid Angel+Suffocation was!

Suffocation, despite missing Frank's karate-chops and stage banter, ruled. The new lineup is tight and they still put on a great show.

Morbid Angel was far more reserved in stage presence, kinda of like seeing a Cannibal Corpse show. The set was entirely taken from the Steve Tucker-era, which I'm not nearly as familiar with. (I don't have a good reason for this; I just never feel like revisiting those albums.) That said, the band sounded really good. The new song, "Warped," was akin to their Gateways... material, looking forward to hearing the new album. (Recorded with Rutan, supposedly out by the end of the year.)

How do you guys keep track of concerts anyway?

Pretty much the only thing I use Facebook for these days—there are a few promoters that put on great shows, so I subscribe to their upcoming event list. Aside from that: Spotify can send out an email based on artists you've listened to and, if a venue tends to have a lot of stuff I like, I'll subscribe to their mailing list. It's a little disjointed, but no one site has been able to get me all the info I need.

Reactions: PowerBlade
Blood Incantation was fucking fantastic; they slay live. It was my second time seeing them, but first time getting a proper set. (The first time I saw them was at a festival and they had some technical delays in the beginning, which ate into their set time.) Highly, highly recommended.

I hadn't heard (or of) Qrixkuor before that show. Super murky, kinda Grave Miasma or Impetuous Ritual-esque. The songs blended together, though that may have only been due to sound system, but the drummer was wicked good.

Triumvir Foul is coming into their own, their second album, Spiritual Bloodshed, is already a noticeable step up from their debut in terms of songwriting.
Thanks! I saw Blood Incantation a few months ago in Rotterdam with Cruciamentum, they were very good there too, just like Cruciamentum. Both great bands. I'll look into the other 2 bands, but I think I have tried both bands before at some occasion.

Morbid Angel was far more reserved in stage presence, kinda of like seeing a Cannibal Corpse show. The set was entirely taken from the Steve Tucker-era, which I'm not nearly as familiar with. (I don't have a good reason for this; I just never feel like revisiting those albums.) That said, the band sounded really good. The new song, "Warped," was akin to their Gateways... material, looking forward to hearing the new album. (Recorded with Rutan, supposedly out by the end of the year.)

You should check out Formulas and Gateways asap, I think they're some of the best stuff MA has released to be honest.

Reactions: winters epilogue