Upcoming Interview with Matt Smith

Arkatox

Anomaly
As some of you guys know, I run a blog in which I review books, video games, et cetera, and occasionally I hold an interview (a couple notable people I've interviewed would be bestselling thriller writer Steven James and former Dream Theater vocalist Charlie Dominici). As some of you also know, I've recently been setting up an email interview with Matt Smith through Emil Westerdahl of Ulterium Records. It keeps getting delayed, as the wake from AtWB's release has lasted much longer than was originally thought, but I figured while I'm waiting I would ask some of you guys, the other fans ("other" because in this case you're excluding me :p), for a question or two to ask.

I do have a nice list of questions—I rarely go above ten—but I still have room for a question or two from you guys. So if you want your question asked, be imaginative and ask quality questions that have not been asked in other interviews with Matt Smith.

Thanks a lot!
Reuben

I've been wondering about Matt's musical background: what music was he brought up with, did he have any professional musical training, and how did he first get into power metal?

Here's one I'd really like you to ask - what sort of music does he listen to other than metal? Any specific bands? What's the most un-metal artist that he likes?

Actually, that's three questions, but they all tie into one another. :)

Great job getting the interview, BTW.

was it? I heard it asked, but never saw an answer.....

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/theocracy/741174-matt-smith-skype-interview.html

It's in the interview on The Slice 11:50-12:30.

Paraphrased answer: "Planning a video, nothing concrete yet. Thinks they found a director ("at least from what they sent me - who looks good and seems affordable"). Nothing official. Haven't talked to him or decided on a song or anything. Definitely a video is in the works, early next year I would imagine. Not entirely sure what song; a few from the new album would be good for it, which is a good problem to have."