Upcoming releases

Just listening to it for the first time and liking the way it builds up. Not as great a start as TPS offered, but it gets better and better over those 7+ minutes. Gotta give it another listen right away

For whatever reason, it doesn't play on my PC. I think it's the track itself, because other Soundcloud stuff works fine and I've been too damned busy and had too much computer drama these days to try and figure out what's wrong it it. Anyway...
Lot's of listening material to catch up with - new Ghost, the new QOTSA, to name a few.
And I just realised there's also a Dark Tranquillty album coming out next week...

Just heard the new Ghost album.
Someone, please, remind me why are they considered metal?
It's not bad, it's just not metal. Or I've been definitely missing something in the past three years.

It's not bad, it's just not metal. Or I've been definitely missing something in the past three years.

Someone said that Ghost is for those who missed on King Diamond.

I did like their first album, though. Don't know about this one.

It's not bad, it's just not metal.
Not really. They put on a good show if you don't see it too often, but they're the kind of band that gets booked to metal festivals for the benefit of a certain part of the audience to whom the entire gospel of metal was written by Black Sabbath before you and I soiled our first diapers. :p

I've liked them so far and own the first album, but I'm a bit anxious about the new one after reading some devastating comments about it already.

Here's the official stream Nothing to write home about. Besides, this whole Satan thing is already old and tired. They should have tried the Reptiles and the Sixth Race and the Indigo Children and the Illuminati.

522109_10151765170840101_1717622635_n.png

Esa was asked what upcoming albums he is waiting and he said there is many but Children of Bodom definetly. Me too. Tomi J was also asked, I don't know the band and I did not get the band's name, anyone know the band?

Last edited by a moderator:
Turisas just announced August 26 as the release date for their new album. Apparently the name is just gonna be "Turisas2013". I'm no longer saying the song titles on "Circle" lack imagination. :p

New Opeth in June. Killer. Can't wait. Åkerfeldt says to expect "all over the place" and I'm ready for it. It's exciting to look at the range of stuff they could deliver and know that the band is going to deliver the music they feel is the best they are producing right now from an artistic, rather than a commercial, perspective. Mikael reminds me a bit of Rush that way. Plus, I think his influences are closer to my own loves than, say..., Katatonia's current leanings. Retro is hip, sure, but Opeth's taste in retro is both sincere and impeccable.

I can already hear Trin's "Meh" ;)

Also, new Arch Enemy on the way, and the big news there is that Angela Gossow is stepping down as lead and giving the reins to Alissa White-Gluz from The Agonist. Seems like a solid choice to me. Alissa's got the pipes and presence for it. Hope she channels some of Angela's aggression into her performances as well.

Insomnium just released a new track off their upcoming album. There's a more varied range of dynamics than on much of One for Sorrow, which is nice.

Wolfheart in da studio!!
Shadow World´s release day will be before end of 2014.

(and still waiting for My Darkness -collection 99-13, "coming soon" from last autumn)