Upcoming Tour

Xupacabara

The Secret Orchard
Aug 29, 2002
Visit site
Please help me, i'm going to the army at the end of March, I live and breathe Opeth and yet i have never seen them live, I saved enough money to fly to wherever they will perform.

As i've seen on the website, Opeth did the US+Europe tour last year at the months of january-march, and so my qustion is:

Does anyone know if they will do it again this year? (It's already January and I havn't seen a tour plan yet...and so i'm very worried i will not make it to see them live.)

Waiting for answers,

Thank you.

By March? I really doubt it. They still need to finish writing the new album, and record, mix, master then wait for enough copies to get pressed for distribution. We could be looking at a new CD maybe in the middle of the year, whilst the tours would only happen after.

This is unless Opeth decide to do a festival on the spur of the moment.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, though.

sorry, it's not happenin before march. I suggest that you don't join the army, *especially* if you're an American. With four more years of Dubya, it's like a death wish.
Good luck though.

good luck in the army, but i think your fucked as far as seeing opeth goes....like moonlapse said, it won't be for another 5 or 6 months...they might tour before the album is released though...much like NIN is going to be doing in Feb before a March release...which on a side note, i'm pretty jacked for.

yeah, sometimes bands do tour immediately before an album comes out... but even so, you'll likely be waiting until may or june at the absolute earliest, so.... no dice.

what posessed you to join the army though? do you hate foreigners, or did they snag you with the make-believe prospects of money? :p

^we still don't know if he's American. I admire people who join the Army to defend our freedoms, but I'm sad to report the military hasn't done that since the 1940s. Since then, it has been one embarrassment after another and we all know it. I just hope the poor guy doesn't get shot up by some Muslim fanatic motherfucker. Then again, Bush *did* invade their country, so what the fuck do you expect?
Be safe, man.

dorian gray said:
^we still don't know if he's American. I admire people who join the Army to defend our freedoms, but I'm sad to report the military hasn't done that since the 1940s. Since then, it has been one embarrassment after another and we all know it. I just hope the poor guy doesn't get shot up by some Muslim fanatic motherfucker. Then again, Bush *did* invade their country, so what the fuck do you expect?
Be safe, man.

well, i was just joking :) but still, from what i've seen, americans usually join the army because a) they had some recruiter telling them all about the 'perks' they'll get, the tons of $ and money for college, etc, or b) because they want to "serve their country" which usually boils down to wanting to shoot all the braindead savages in the world (i.e. everyone who doesn't live in america, or, at least is not a practicing christian)

not to derail the thread or anything :p